Using A Number Pad To Enter Digits on F18 UFC?

Hi,

In an effort to make entering coordinates into my F18 UFC easier I purchased an inexpensive usb external number keypad.  Has anyone else done this and did you have any issues with conflicts with camera movement commands?  For some reason some of the numbers were not just entering numbers into the UFC but they are also causing my cockpit view to move/change.  This might be a problem that I created (and forgot about) but before I drive myself crazy trying to figure this out I thought that I would see if there were any tricks to getting a number pad to work as an input device for a UFC.  I was hoping that I could have a direct 1:1 relationship between my UFC keys and the number keys on the usb number keypad.

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I can´t remember if you can unbind those actions or they are hardcored into the game engine. I guess you already tried that

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

The number pad can definitely be used for the UFC, though a recent update did reset some of the controls. If you bound the keys more than a month or two ago, you might need to rebind them.

Pretty sure I just bound them in each individual plane and it automatically cleared the camera controls, but it's also possible that you'd need to go into general controls to make sure they aren't still bound in there.

Edited by Sabre_Ewan
missed a word

@Ala12Rv-Tundra, @Sabre_Ewan Thanks for the tip.  For some reason I thought that VR center was like the other camera controls (which are all multi-key stroke commands).  I ended up going into VR-Center and changed it so now I can use the number pad as a number pad.

• Like 1

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

My solution was to use the koolertron keyboard, which is semi programmable. I use it in Vr.  And Bind the keys to specifically otherwise unused combinations. 

5F06D835-AE3A-4639-95C6-5CC9D0CC1EED.jpeg

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg