T-50CM2 with F-16 Grip & Target

speed-of-heat

Hi Guys,

I have changed the VID so that the device is recognised by TARGET, but I seem to have one bug, the POV hat seems to always be pressing POV UP (in the combined profile) ... has anyone else encountered this before? 

p.s. Yes I'm continuing to use target as i still manage the WARTHOG throttle via a combination of the Joystick SHIFT(in TARGET) key and mapped DX buttons on the throttle.

p.p.s. I can work around it for now, as i can keep the physical stick enabled (but ideally i'd like to fix it)

TIA

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Not that I can see, I spent a chunk of time going through the various POV options , the only one that works is to turn off the pov and the buttons report being pressed accurately, but you loose other buttons as a result. I suspect the problem is actually in the way the two bits of software interact, rather than one being at fault per say.

But glad it’s not just me, that means either TM or Virpil needs to sort out the interactions (not likely, not a judgement just simple reality of software interaction outside of the scope of support for either) or I have to learn another scripting languages or I live with the workaround.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Im guessing that its the POV-Center button.  Notice how it doesnt really list that as a physical button but has it pressed logically when you look in the inspector?  I bet thats throwing it off.  the problem is that its not listed in the physical button fields , only the directionals.  There must be some way to disable the auto-pressing of center with some kind of MODE modifier.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I have been using the same hardware combination as it is described in the title of this thread since the end of last week. I also use TARGET, so I had the same problem with POV when I connected new stick to PC first time. I found good advice how to solve it here ... https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/topic/2885-new-firmware-problems-with-thrustmaster-target-script/
I replaced current version of Virpil software with this one yesterday ... https://support.virpil.com/en/support/solutions/articles/47001125308-vpc-software-setup-20200325-
The problem has been fixed, no new one has appeared. Everything works as with the original TM base, I didn't have to change anything in TARGET profiles or in the settings in DCS. This thread is two months old, you have probably found some solution already, but maybe this information will be useful for someone.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/17/2021 at 4:24 PM, paeagle said:

I have been using the same hardware combination as it is described in the title of this thread since the end of last week. I also use TARGET, so I had the same problem with POV when I connected new stick to PC first time. I found good advice how to solve it here ... https://forum.virpil.com/index.php?/topic/2885-new-firmware-problems-with-thrustmaster-target-script/
I replaced current version of Virpil software with this one yesterday ... https://support.virpil.com/en/support/solutions/articles/47001125308-vpc-software-setup-20200325-
The problem has been fixed, no new one has appeared. Everything works as with the original TM base, I didn't have to change anything in TARGET profiles or in the settings in DCS. This thread is two months old, you have probably found some solution already, but maybe this information will be useful for someone.

Had exactly the same issues and using 20200325 fixed everything and was so easy, the latest software and firmware is not always the answer. for other people who have no experience of the virpil software, all you need to do is go to the Firmware tab, update firmware, then go to profile, enter in new name and put in VID & PID from above, hit update button below, and then save to Virpil, big Green button. it will then save to the stick and that’s it, I then went to Axis button and calibrated then save again to Virpil. Everything worked first time in Target, I did not create profile etc

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

• 2 months later...