What is this switch for on the left sidewall?

mvsgas

I keep meaning to ask this. I thought this has been ask before but couldn't find it in the forums.

What is this switch for? I never seen it working on Block 25, 30, 40, 42 and 50 (Keeping in mind my time in the 25/30/50 is limited)

Can't find any reference to it in the 1F-16CG-1, 15 August 2009 with supplement S3 included and S4 and S5 added. Or the 1F-16CG-2-00GV-00-1, 1September 2010 with supplement 1S-1 included. Nor on the 1F-16CM-34-1-1, 1 June 2010 with supplement 1S-5 and 1S-6 (just to mention a few)

Is this something form the USAF simulator cockpit at Tucson ANG you guys added after visiting there?

The reason I thought about it is because I saw this video on you tube

Which to me is obvious is from a simulator, the panels seems to clean and new, plus the seat is arm, not something anybody will do on a real seat with the aircraft off. 

Screen_210610_091825.png

Forgot to mention

It has a similar location to the "Reduce Idle Thrust" switch in the pit, but that switch looks like normal switch in the RL cockpit and I have not seen it in DCS. That switch is disconnected and no functioning in the RL aircraft also.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

15 minutes ago, Dee-Jay said:

Bump Switch = > triggers the decoy program 6 (or 5 I do not remember exactly).

That switch is in front of the throttle and you can see it being press on the video before they use this switch

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

It is part of the ALQ-213 system, not to be confused with the Dispense Button that is forward of the switch.

• Thanks 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP