Heatblur - please do this Aircraft

+1 .. I'd purchase it on a heartbeat, an european jet for a change 👍

• Like 5

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Original GR.1/IDS would be better than GR4 tbh, better down in the weeds.

• Like 5

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

10 minutes ago, G.J.S said:

Original GR.1/IDS would be better than GR4 tbh, better down in the weeds.

yes please.. early variants first always.. more variety and a progression of the airframe for users.. and more money for ED since they could sell the upgrade later

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Munkwolf said:

yes please.. early variants first always.. more variety and a progression of the airframe for users.. and more money for ED since they could sell the upgrade later

True. But GR4 was predominantly a different animal. GR1 was designed from the outset as a low level interdictor. It’s TFR was incredible, no matter what the conditions. Ski toe all the way lol. GR4 became more networked, and lost a little bit of “edge”. 

• Like 2

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

2 hours ago, Sonoda Umi said:

Sorry for breaking your enjoyment

For Tornado, the ED side asked the Manufacturer for License Purchasing earlier, but unfortunately, they denied.

Although you guys are willing to fly Tornado in DCS, it's very unlikely to happen.

This is not true and has been clarified by Wags:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Alias in Discord: Mailman

A Tornado made by Heatblur....what a weird wet dream. 😋

• Like 1

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

F-111 beats the Tornado hands down, every time.

\runs for cover

• Like 6

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

59 minutes ago, Lurker said:

F-111 beats the Tornado hands down, every time.

\runs for cover

😄

But you have to admit, it's like saying the Tornado beats the G.91 Gina.

The sheer difference in size, fuel carried, payload carried,...

I think they made a good job of cramping as much of the capabilites that the Aardvark has into a Viggen size.
TSR 2 was kind of the starting point, so for that it's not bad at all.

15 hours ago, Rhinozherous said:

Please make this one 😁

There is some wrong info in this video though.

1. Tornado never carried AGM-65. The best info I could get on this is, the launcher rail that was used for the ALARM could technically be used for Mavericks, it's the same mounting mechanisim, and the Italians either thought about integrating it or did flight tests, but I was never able to find pictures of these tests, if they have happened. For sure though, they never integrated it.

2. The ADV never had an automatic wingsweep mode. The RAF always wanted it, but it never made it into the AC. No idea why, it shouldn't have been to hard to develop.

I thought it would also have been very interessting to explain the throttles a bit more (for other viewers)

The throttles could be rocked outbord / pushed sideways outbord. 

Rocking the left one outboard pre-selected lift-dump mode, so on main gear touchdown the spoilers will extend.

Rocking the right one outboard as well pre selected the thurst reversers, which will open after nose gear touchdown

Edited by Bananabrai
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bananabrai said:

There is some wrong info in this video though.

1. Tornado never carried AGM-65. The best info I could get on this is, the launcher rail that was used for the ALARM could technically be used for Mavericks, it's the same mounting mechanisim, and the Italians either thought about integrating it or did flight tests, but I was never able to find pictures of these tests, if they have happened. For sure though, they never integrated it.

2. The ADV never had an automatic wingsweep mode. The RAF always wanted it, but it never made it into the AC. No idea why, it shouldn't have been to hard to develop.

I thought it would also have been very interessting to explain the throttles a bit more (for other viewers)

The throttles could be rocked outbord / pushed sideways outbord. 

Rocking the left one outboard pre-selected lift-dump mode, so on main gear touchdown the spoilers will extend.

Rocking the right one outboard as well pre selected the thurst reversers, which will open after nose gear touchdown

Correct on all, however the F2 ADV it’s correct didn’t have auto sweep - manual only, but the development, the F3, did (sort of), the AMD - Automatic Manoeuvre Device (system) which would schedule the wing for optimum lift considering altitude, speed, and FCS demands.

18 hours ago, Rhinozherous said:

Please make this one 😁

+1!!

Judging by the number of Tornado wishlist threads there might be even a few more users wanting to fly this aircraft in DCS... :music_whistling:

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

3 hours ago, Bananabrai said:

😄

But you have to admit, it's like saying the Tornado beats the G.91 Gina.

The sheer difference in size, fuel carried, payload carried,...

Meh, they are designed for basically the same role (fast low-level interdiction and strike), and they are roughly the same timeframe (at least for an F-111F - which is probably the most suitable F-111 candidate for DCS).

The G. 91 on the other hand is older, and is more light attack.

But yes I'd love an early Tornado IDS (such as the GR.1), though (and mind if I join you Lurker 😅) I'm more interested in an 80s F-111F - it is very close though.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

8 minutes ago, Sonoda Umi said:

It was a misunderstanding, my apology. Thanks for clarification.

I was wondering about that too for a long time.

It would be rather strange to get the newer typhoon but not be much older tornado.

But then again different companys so everything is possible.

19 hours ago, Rhinozherous said:

Please make this one 😁

+1

Nice. A recently released video. 🙂

wishlist: HH-60G Pave Hawk, MH-60R Sea Hawk, UH-60L Black Hawk, NH90, Super (Sea) Lynx / Mk.88, ME: A placeable animated LSE/marshaller for individual created FARPs

looking forward to: A-6E Intruder, A-7E Corsair II, BO-105 PAH1A1, C-130J, CH-47F Chinook, Eurofighter Typhoon, F-4E Phantom II, F4U-1D Corsair, OH-58D Kiowa, Tornado

Apache beware of the Sikorsky Armed Black Hawk!

21 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

+1 .. I'd purchase it on a heartbeat, an european jet for a change 👍

I'd be a buyer also but I'd also like "someone" to do the F-4 Phantom and since Heatblur did such a nice job on the Tomcat I think they'd be a prime candidate for any two-crew aircraft.

I'd also buy the Rafale, Gripen and other European models as well as more Soviet/Russian models.

Oh and a Vietnam map!  :P

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Skysurfer:

How many Tornado or F111 threads are there going to be lol?

If it helps.... 😉

If HB would announce a Gr.1 / IDS today for 2025 with the prepurchase starting now and for the price of two modules without any discount - man, i would buy it right away!!

• Like 2

...singing heeeeere we gooooo agaaaaiiiiin....

+1...although by now I think I'm at +4 or +5 on the various request threads...

As to the potential tease: I would love it to be so, and have asked in other threads, but suspect it's nothing to get excited about. To me it doesn't look like a tease reveal, just cannon fodder for a player-driven AAA promo. Pity.

• Like 1

Nah, I've only just met 'er...:pilotfly:

+1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.