AI Wingman Radio Usage When Contact

The "Radio Usage When Contact" option does not seem to have any effect on AI wingmen in 2.7. 

Not only is it annoying to have to listen to my wingman call out contacts non-stop for 10 minutes straight, it is overpowering scripted mission-critical radio transmissions in my missions and making it significantly more difficult to give the wingman orders. 

No matter what I set the option to, it has no effect on his communication at all. 

(As an aside, how the hell is he seeing an armored target 150 miles away anyway? I want whatever sensor he's got)

15 hours ago, Bunny Clark said:

The "Radio Usage When Contact" option does not seem to have any effect on AI wingmen in 2.7. 

Not only is it annoying to have to listen to my wingman call out contacts non-stop for 10 minutes straight, it is overpowering scripted mission-critical radio transmissions in my missions and making it significantly more difficult to give the wingman orders. 

No matter what I set the option to, it has no effect on his communication at all. 

(As an aside, how the hell is he seeing an armored target 150 miles away anyway? I want whatever sensor he's got)

+1

It´s a real bummer on a +2 mission with AI wingman... usually i change the freq or lower the volume but i would like also to give wingman commands and it´s almost impossible with the comms bugged like this.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 2 weeks later...

Dang, I just posted about this asking if it was still bugged. Internet searches can be a pain. I'm getting the same. I've recently started using the AAA area fire, which only fire in straight lines currently, and my pilots report everything, and refuse to obey orders until they are finished.

In a recent mission, designed to be a losing battle against Russian forces taking an airbase, it goes on forever. I specifically wanted so many enemies that we couldn't possibly win that fight. My poor ears are bleeding from "Peasant with a rifle xx at xx"