P-47 unlimited ammo rocket bug?

Made some training missions to work on rockets and even with unlimited ammo on, I can’t seem to fire more than the 10 on the plane. In F2 view, it shows them re-spawned but can’t fire them. Machine guns do have unlimited ammo though. I have tried moving all switches back to safe, then rearmed again but still it won’t work. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Hi, I've noticed it, too, but... when they don't fire, I start swearing and go crazy on my HOTAS - I press all the buttons I've got 7 times each and after a while rockets start working. Perhaps pressing all the buttons has nothing to do with it, maybe it just takes some time for the plane to "recognize" the new set of rockets? Or maybe among all these buttons is one that does the trick? No idea 🙂
But yeah, basically it's like you say. They respawn, but won't fire, at least not "out of the box".

EDIT: Wait a second... I'm not at home, so I can't check now... Does the Jug have this... this black "window" with white number in it - the one that shows which "rocket station" is going to fire next? I might be mixing up aircraft in my head, I don't know. If so - maybe this goes out of sync somehow? And all you need to do is to press weapon release a number of times until the window again reads "1"? Or something like that? I'll give it a go at home today.

Edited by scoobie

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

9 hours ago, scoobie said:

EDIT: Wait a second... I'm not at home, so I can't check now... Does the Jug have this... this black "window" with white number in it - the one that shows which "rocket station" is going to fire next? I might be mixing up aircraft in my head, I don't know. If so - maybe this goes out of sync somehow? And all you need to do is to press weapon release a number of times until the window again reads "1"? Or something like that? I'll give it a go at home today.

the rocket control counter sounds like a possibility

Yep, that's exactly it.

When you shoot the last pair of rockets (I used HVAR's), the counter reads "6". The device is ready to trigger the sixth pair of rockets. Trouble is - you don't have them 😉

You need to rewind the counter to "1". Either keep pressing weapon release on the stick until the counter reads 24 - now be careful - press again, it will rewind to 1. If you press release again, the first pair in the new set of rockets will fire.
Alternatively, you may left click the "RESET" knob as many times as it takes to read "1".

Apparently this device was adapted from a different aircraft, or it was simply a "generic" device, good for 24 shots, while our Jug -40 carries 10 rockets at most.

Edited by scoobie

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box