Jettison center tank? Jettison smoke pods?

Hi.  I know how to jettison all three fuel tanks.  I know how to jettison my wing tanks, leaving my center tank.  But I have two questions regarding the DCS f15c in flight:

1.  Is there a way to jettison my center tank, leaving my wing tanks?

2.  Is there a way to jettison smoke pods?

Thanks!

No to #1 (at least in DCS), IDK about #2

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

• 1 month later...

Smokewinders act as a weapon so Jettison Stores command should get rid of these.

There's no selective jettison implemented with FC3 jets so bear in mind you'll lose all the missiles too.

How do you manage to jettison wing tanks seperately from a centerline?! Did not know this was possible cause when I JFT all 3 come off simultaneously. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

the F-15 drinks from all three tanks almost equally, so the situations where you would want to drop some tanks but not all seem few. in answer to your question I don't think there is any way to accomplish this in game (drop only centerline) although I believe on the real eagle you could jettison even individual pylons themselves if you wanted

On 7/16/2021 at 6:12 AM, Vekkinho said:

Smokewinders act as a weapon so Jettison Stores command should get rid of these.

There's no selective jettison implemented with FC3 jets so bear in mind you'll lose all the missiles too.

How do you manage to jettison wing tanks seperately from a centerline?! Did not know this was possible cause when I JFT all 3 come off simultaneously. 

I guess I'm a little late on this but if you press the jettison weapons command instead of the jettison tanks command (LCtrl + W by default I think), then the wing tanks come off first. If you press it again, the CL tank comes off, followed by I think 2x wing pylon missiles, then the other two then the fuselage stations etc. 

• 2 years later...
On 10/4/2021 at 8:54 PM, SgtPappy said:

I guess I'm a little late on this but if you press the jettison weapons command instead of the jettison tanks command (LCtrl + W by default I think), then the wing tanks come off first. If you press it again, the CL tank comes off, followed by I think 2x wing pylon missiles, then the other two then the fuselage stations etc. 

Thanks!

This actually has some use... the bad thing is in FC3 all 3 tanks drain at same rate so you cant empty first the wing ones before the center so jettisoning the wing tanks instead of all of them will waste some fuel.. but in the F-15C can be usefull as the Eagle will break the wings if trying G forces with the wing tanks attached while the center has no effect.. so if you hare carrying 3 bags and encounter a bandit that requieres maneovering or must evade a missile droping the wing tanks only allows to at least save the fuel left in the center tank while being free to maneover

5 hours ago, SparrowLT said:

This actually has some use... the bad thing is in FC3 all 3 tanks drain at same rate

There's nothing bad about it, that's how the aircraft does things.

but in the F-15C can be usefull as the Eagle will break the wings if trying G forces with the wing tanks attached while the center has no effect..

Yes it does.  You can break the wings with no tanks as well.

so if you hare carrying 3 bags and encounter a bandit that requieres maneovering or must evade a missile droping the wing tanks only allows to at least save the fuel left in the center tank while being free to maneover

That's just silly.  Drop them all, the centerline tank has a much drag as the two wing tanks and it reduces stability.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

if the official manual is any indication the wing tanks SHOULD drain before the centerline tank...in desert storm there was at least one engagement where eagles punched their wing tanks but retained the centerline

On 2/3/2024 at 5:28 PM, GGTharos said:

There's nothing bad about it, that's how the aircraft does things.

He probably means that you could control it (not normal procedure) if it was FF.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

On 2/4/2024 at 4:39 PM, henshao said:

if the official manual is any indication the wing tanks SHOULD drain before the centerline tank...in desert storm there was at least one engagement where eagles punched their wing tanks but retained the centerline

42 minutes ago, draconus said:

He probably means that you could control it (not normal procedure) if it was FF.

Correct.. the real one you canchose to drain first the wing tanks same with others.. in FC3 they simplified it so all 3 drain the same..

I for sure would like it that way so i can punch out the wing tanks and retain as much fuel as possible in the center .. at least with the jett wing tank first you can save whatever fuel left in the central tank (2000lb if all 3 are half drained).. until i found out this i punched all 3 so you would go down to 12800lb

4 minutes ago, SparrowLT said:

Correct.. the real one you canchose to drain first the wing tanks same with others..

I read from RL manual that it's forbidden to stop the transfer from external tanks unless in emergency.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria