2.7 VR stable release

Darpa

Jumping is gone but edges on far clouds flicker/shimmer a lot. Lots of extra bugs ported over from OB into Stable.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I thought OB is the same as Stable as they have the same version number.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 6/11/2021 at 5:28 PM, Darpa said:

Spectacular!

That's great news , so were you running open beta before or is this the first time you have seen the clouds in VR ? What hardware are you using ??

In the latest open Beta I am not seeing good cloud rendering, i.e like others have stated a lot of shimmer/haze so I am reluctant to update my stable version as I am under the impression that the latest open Beta and the new stable launch are the same ??

I posted a topic asking such, which can be found here for those interested.

2.7 Stable VR Clouds, what's going on ? - VR Bugs - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

Hi Clogger... 

No,  I purposefully do not use open beta releases. I prefer to wait until a version is fully baked before I jump in... so yes, this was the first time I saw the clouds. I use a 3090 and  i9-11900, 32 Gb, fast SSD and Rift S.  My all around experience with 2.7 has been great in VR in almost all regards, hence my one word description to open this thread. I am not experiencing some of the downsides that others seem to be encountering with clouds, performance etc.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VFGiPJP said:

I thought OB is the same as Stable as they have the same version number.

They are at the moment.

• Thanks 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I still get a 20 fps loss for having clouds (standard): Nevada F-16 only 60/50 fps. with broken4 clouds 40/30 fps. :
GTX 2070 Super, 32gb ram, SSD, I5 10600k

Stable and Beta.

Edited by t-stoff

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten"