can i still go back to steam after transferal to standalone?

twistking

Hello,

i really like the idea of the play-for-free/test period on standalone and i'm now seriously considering to move over to standalone.

If i end up not liking standalone, could i still continue playing on steam or will the license be revoked from my steam account after binding it to an ED account?

bonus question time:

for playing the steam version you still need to log in with an account ingame. is this the same account i would use for standalone and ed-shop purchases, or do i need to make a different/new account for standalone?

are all "older" modules now ready for transferal? i have f.e. the p-51 and the a-10c which are both pretty "old", but if i remember correctly all modules (at least ac and terrain that is) should be transferable eventually...

• Thanks 1

• ED Team

your modules never leave steam, they are linked only to your dcs account so you can return to steam if you wish to.

If you buy modules on our Eshop they can not be used on steam, so bare that in mind. 

thanks

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

your modules never leave steam, they are linked only to your dcs account so you can return to steam if you wish to.

If you buy modules on our Eshop they can not be used on steam, so bare that in mind. 

thanks

thanks. that definitely lowers the barrier to trying out Eshop/standalone. not that i expect it to be bad, i'm just kinda used to steam.