WW2 Units and Aircraft

HORTON

Eagle Dynamics and Fighter collection,

Please consider adding more WW2 content. I am and avid consumer of everything you guys produce. You do an incredible job.

I really wish you guys could put just 1/8 the time into developing more content for World war 2. It was just such an incredible conflict for the history of the world. I personally do not understand the fascination with airplanes produced over the last 40 years which although intriguing and complex have have really seen so little combat. Why not add some more depth and breadth to the area of WW2 I will spend lots of money and I know many others who would also?

Sincerely,

Horton

• Like 1

Are you looking at copy pasting this once every 25 days or are you looking at experimenting with different intervals?

Nothing much has changed in the past 25 days since you posted this message. It's still true that ED have put in a fair bit of a time for WW2 despite the smaller customer base and their roadmap shows they will continue to do so... 

• Like 1

Never trust a person who doesn't sort their M&Ms by color.

On 6/11/2021 at 1:52 PM, HORTON said:

Please consider adding more WW2 content. I am and avid consumer of everything you guys produce. You do an incredible job.

I really wish you guys could put just 1/8 the time into developing more content for World war 2. It was just such an incredible conflict for the history of the world. I personally do not understand the fascination with airplanes produced over the last 40 years which although intriguing and complex have have really seen so little combat. Why not add some more depth and breadth to the area of WW2 I will spend lots of money and I know many others who would also?

Sincerely,

Horton

Try once a month. Something tells me he would prefer to see it less than every 25 days.

I keep asking for this, but we need more periods ships. of all types. I know we have an Essex class carrier on the way, but we also need some battleships as well. The United States' needs the Iowa class battleships, especially if we can get the 1980s version as well. Next we need a lot of Red army, AF and Navy assets. The I-16 is sitting there alone and they can also be reused in a Korean scenario. As I keep saying my F-86 lacks targets

4 hours ago, upyr1 said:

I keep asking for this, but we need more periods ships. of all types. I know we have an Essex class carrier on the way, but we also need some battleships as well. The United States' needs the Iowa class battleships, especially if we can get the 1980s version as well. Next we need a lot of Red army, AF and Navy assets. The I-16 is sitting there alone and they can also be reused in a Korean scenario. As I keep saying my F-86 lacks targets

I saw this crop up on YouTube a couple of days ago. It sound like its just what you're looking for, though I haven't tested them to see if they're capable of combat or just there for show. I'm a little bit disappointed not to see any Royal Navy assets though.

WWII Pacific Allied Assets - Mods and Apps - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

WWII Axis Naval Assets - Mods and Apps - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

Edited by frostycab

36 minutes ago, frostycab said:

I'm a little bit disappointed not to see any Royal Navy assets though.

There are some, that @Hawkeye60 has shared here over time, for example the Hood:

SgWxNxs.jpg

The Gannet:

KVYcWY4.jpg

The Nelson and other warships:

8XR0YvD.jpg

British airfield equipment:

WzLkk5N.jpg

The Tempest:

noOVTIR.jpg

The VSN Eurofighter:

rwuD3bf.jpg

Pity that ED does not encourage Modders 😪

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

6 hours ago, frostycab said:

I saw this crop up on YouTube a couple of days ago. It sound like its just what you're looking for, though I haven't tested them to see if they're capable of combat or just there for show. I'm a little bit disappointed not to see any Royal Navy assets though.

WWII Pacific Allied Assets - Mods and Apps - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

WWII Axis Naval Assets - Mods and Apps - ED Forums (eagle.ru)

I have the mods in question. They are awesome though I think  due to API limits the big guns don't work.  Everything is listed as a 130 MM which is why I think we need at least one in game battleship.

I see. So they are capable of defending themselves against air attacks from players, but lack the ability to be used offensively against other ships and ground units using artillery? That's a shame, but I'm glad someone put in the time and effort to make them as functional as they are.

Just now, frostycab said:

I see. So they are capable of defending themselves against air attacks from players, but lack the ability to be used offensively against other ships and ground units using artillery? That's a shame, but I'm glad someone put in the time and effort to make them as functional as they are.

Sadly that is the case, the development team did an awesome job. I don't know what Eagle's policies in regards to putting a community asset in DCS, but I hope Eagle is willing to reach out to to Hawkeye and the crew, if not then I hope they will give us a 406MM gun in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 1:52 PM, HORTON said:

Sincerely,

Horton

I recommend watching this video interview to learn a little more about the vision DCS has with WW2 at 49.10.

Edited by Evoman