Captive carry AIM-120

Baz000

Dunno if it has been asked before, but I know we have the captive carry AIM-9s currently in DCS... Can we in the future get captive carry AIM-120s? They basically would just be a reskinned missile, maybe with a slightly different 3D model to remove the rocket motor at the back and in regards to cockpit systems functionality? I'm not sure, I guess it would be like cuing the AIM-120 up like normal except it would never leave your rail as it has no rocket motor nor warhead. I don't know if IRL in sim mode on the master arm switch it would just simply simulate symbiology or if it could only be used at an instrumented range like NTTR for example.

But at least could we get the cosmetic 3D model and textures into DCS so we can load them onto our training aircraft for NTTR type flights as red or blue air?

redflag19-2_41.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Just now, Wing said:

I am genuinely curious at this point... why is the model ingame-ready to go. But not actually implemented for utilization? It has been like this for over a year as well. What is the logic behind this ED?

Coding always take more time to implement with a 3D model, and actualy, will be a very lower priority. ED always build 3D models with after time integrate (or not) into DCS. Diferent Branches (3D modelers with a priority list, vs developers).

2 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Coding always take more time to implement with a 3D model, and actualy, will be a very lower priority. ED always build 3D models with after time integrate (or not) into DCS. Diferent Branches (3D modelers with a priority list, vs developers).

I don’t see that as a valid argument anymore. It’s been over a year with the model already ingame, and it’s a CATM variant which doesn’t even come off the rails… 

• Like 2

On 8/23/2023 at 2:58 AM, Default774 said:

CATM-120C in modelviewer

image.pngnull

I'm guessing no way yet enable these in module lua files? There's been USN variant bombs in there for 3 years but no way to add them to aircraft. Fuse models can be put in, though.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...