Really bad jittery frames after too many external views.

deathbysybian

Especially on busy servers, or in Liberation, I notice that if I cycle through too many external views, or load into too many unique airplanes my frames will start getting very jittery until I close DCS entirely and restart.  It makes everything in VR jittery, even the oculus menu.

Once DCS is fully closed Oculus home returns to being smooth again.  Feels like memory management issues.

i9-10850k

32GB RAM

EVGA 3070

Rift-S

latest nvida drivers

• Like 2

Same issue here.

Similar specs as you, also Rift S and RTX3070.

I have found some similarities with players having bad fps in vr using oculus and also 3070's.

I have tried almost everything to fix this.

No solution yet unfortunatelly.

Im almost starting to think this is a Oculus only thing.

Im also getting overall bad fps in mp. Lots of kickbacks to 20 or less fps.

Changing ingame visual settings dont make a change in fps.

Next thing im gonna try is Rebar.

But im running out of ideas.

Edited by RvL

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 5600x - RTX3070 - 32GB Ram - HP Reverb G2 - Warthog HOTAS - VKB rudder pedals

Have you tried Steam-VR instead of Oculus . If possible . I seen a YouTube video were He added DCS to steam . And used Steam-VR and turned on DX11. Got smooth game play . Also there is a memory issue . Are you freeing up memory cache in win10 .  

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

I have used steam years ago but not with DCS.

I normally only see more negatives using steam vs standalone.

So your saying you dont need the oculus software when using steamvr?

Cant imagine that being true.

Im gonna check whatever that dx11 option does for dcs and if that helps my vr performance.

Thanks for the info!

Edited by RvL

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 5600x - RTX3070 - 32GB Ram - HP Reverb G2 - Warthog HOTAS - VKB rudder pedals

1 hour ago, RvL said:

I have used steam years ago but not with DCS.

I normally only see more negatives using steam vs standalone.

So your saying you dont need the oculus software when using steamvr?

Cant imagine that being true.

Im gonna check whatever that dx11 option does for dcs and if that helps my vr performance.

Thanks for the info!

Made a steam VR from stand alone . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Worth a try. 

Will check it out tomorrow and i'll let you guys know if this fixed it for me. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

This morning i installed Steam and SteamVR.

After starting DCS there is no way to enter a settingsscreen like the video is showing.

I guess that is a WMR only thing and is not possible with a oculus headset.

That way its not possible to turn on/off dx11.

The only option i have found is changing resolution.

I kept that at 100 procent.

After starting DCS and entering a MP server i noticed even worse fps and screentearing and worse graphics compared to playing without SteamVR.

I really have no clue anymore what to do anymore to have a nice DCS experience.

Its really keeping me from playing this game. Really frustrating...

Edit: another thing thats happening all the time is that when playing and im taking the headset off my head for a few seconds, and then put it back on again, my fps is locked arround 20fps with bad lag. Only thing i can do is close DCS to solve it.

Edited by RvL

This sounds like the same issue I have had here

I can see a few threads with this issue. But no support from ED? Hopefully it gets reported and fixed. 

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

I think VR in multiplayer is a bad idea not unless on top of the range system .

Single player I run at 36fps in VR. 

Go to multiplayer I'm down to 13fps . unplayable . 

Multiplayer has really gone backwards in DCS. 

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

On 6/17/2021 at 10:42 AM, RvL said:

This morning i installed Steam and SteamVR.

After starting DCS there is no way to enter a settingsscreen like the video is showing.

I guess that is a WMR only thing and is not possible with a oculus headset.

That way its not possible to turn on/off dx11.

The only option i have found is changing resolution.

I kept that at 100 procent.

After starting DCS and entering a MP server i noticed even worse fps and screentearing and worse graphics compared to playing without SteamVR.

I really have no clue anymore what to do anymore to have a nice DCS experience.

Its really keeping me from playing this game. Really frustrating...

Edit: another thing thats happening all the time is that when playing and im taking the headset off my head for a few seconds, and then put it back on again, my fps is locked arround 20fps with bad lag. Only thing i can do is close DCS to solve it.

Sorry to hear that i tried a single mission last night i had 28fps and running smooth . went and did a F2 outside view and when back in Hind cockpit I went down too 14fps and just could not get the frames back , Did F2 again and it went back up too 28fps . 

The outside view did some thing . ? Also was Jumping into F10 map . I'm sure there is a bug here or memory lose .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .