Landing?

Xxx

Landing on carrier has hopeless hook angles.

Cant hook up at any reasonable angle?

Wake of carrier is cartoonish! Please sort this!

hornet 2.7.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

20 hours ago, Accipiter said:

Landing on carrier has hopeless hook angles.

Cant hook up at any reasonable angle?

Wake of carrier is cartoonish! Please sort this!

Looking at the picture you have posted you are already too low, too slow (AOA too high) and looking at the IAS too heavy.  If you travel from where this picture was taken to the carrier deck without correcting all of those parameters you will struggle with catching any cable let alone the desired 3 wire.

Not sure what you actually mean by "hopeless hook angles" but if you are trimmed "on speed", lined up and follow the appropriate glideslope to the TD area of the deck you will pick up a cable.  I'm no expert but I can catch a cable on the majority of my approaches. 

Search Youtube for "dcs case 1 carrier landing " and you will find plenty of tutorials.

Edited by Specter

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs