Base ATC always #1

Taz1004

1 hour ago, [TF-108] Aero said:

I believe the ATC frequencies in the comm menu are listed in distance to you (near to far), so as long as you are closer to your home airfield than any other airfield, you should be able to program hotkeys.

There's also the fact that if you're doing MP, you can also set the radio frequencies you'll need before you taxi out (in SRS). All you have to do is remember which 'channel' is the airfield you want, and you're good to go.

On 6/11/2021 at 10:38 AM, Taz1004 said:

Can we make airfield ATC you take off from always #1 on comms ATC list?  So we can program hotkeys?

Is this an FC3 issue? If you're flying a complex aircraft, then you're not going to hear all the comm chatter from all the frequencies. You'll only hear the radios that you've tuned up...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

On 6/12/2021 at 4:44 AM, Nealius said:

Preferably, the only field that should appear at all in the comms menu is the one matching the frequency your radio is currently tuned to. 

That's probably a better solution.  Come to think of it, only the target frequency you tuned to show up whether it be ATC or JTAC or Tanker.

2 hours ago, mytai01 said:

Is this an FC3 issue? If you're flying a complex aircraft, then you're not going to hear all the comm chatter from all the frequencies. You'll only hear the radios that you've tuned up...

That's not what we're talking about.  If you press comm and then ATC, whole list of airfield comes up.  And number for the base you took off from varies based on distance.

Edited by Taz1004

On 6/12/2021 at 11:16 PM, Taz1004 said:

That's probably a better solution.  Come to think of it, only the target frequency you tuned to show up whether it be ATC or JTAC or Tanker.

That's not what we're talking about.  If you press comm and then ATC, whole list of airfield comes up.  And number for the base you took off from varies based on distance.

I realize that, but I think it's necessary because of the FC3 aircraft can't tune radios.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...