Need a simple 'X:COCKPIT PARAM EQUAL TO' radio frequency trigger/demo mission for the Viper

Gambit21

I can't seem to get this to work, and I can't see what I could possibly be doing wrong...but my debug text doesn't fire.

I'm using COMM1_FREQ/COMM2_FREQ in conditions, doubled checked the pre-sets etc.

I've come 80% of the way in the editor in maybe 30 hours, just trucking along, and this is my first real snag. I need to be able to detect the player's frequency/change.

If anyone could make me a quickie demo for the Viper I'd be grateful.

This one displays a message every time the COM1 frequency changes ... not very elegant but works.

F-16C - Demo Params (by Rudel_chw).miz

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks Rudel, I'll check it out.

I think I found my problem...I'll have to test again.

As per the above thread, I didn't add a flag and "time is more", so as soon as the conditions triggers, the flag is 'false' thus the message doesn't fire...that's my current though anyway.

Out of test time for tonight.

A bit confused about "cockpit param equal to" vs "cockpit param equal to another" as I've seen advise instructing both.

I'll check that mission out as well, thank you.

8 hours ago, Sedlo said:

Keep in mind the parameters get a bit screwed up sometimes if there are more than one digit to the right of the decimal.  Best to keep it the decimal to 1/10th.

Will do - thank you.

• Like 1