In-Cockpit Engine Sound with V 2.7 Stable

Bob1943

That is a great integration of the different sound effects as a function of speed.  Sounds good to me.

So, I assume we will hear a slightly lower volume version when "Hear like in helmet" is turned on?

Hopefully, other members will offer any additional thoughts.

Again, thank you for your work on this sound improvement.

• Thanks 1

• ED Team
8 hours ago, Bob1943 said:

So, I assume we will hear a slightly lower volume version when "Hear like in helmet" is turned on?

Yes, it just lowers the overall volume and applies a low pass filter. However, if we compare with a reference video, then we always (or almost always) should compare with a disabled option.

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

• 1 month later...

Yep, the new sounds rock! I always loved the Tiger, now I love it even more!

Great job and thanks for digging into this @btd !

Edited by TOViper
  • Thanks 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

btd, have the sounds in your post of June 25, Cockpit Sound Test 2, been integrated into Stable 2.7?

I was flying the F-5 today and the engine sounds did not seem to be 100% true to what I hear in Sound Test 2, i.e., seemed to be missing some of the "howl".

• ED Team
3 hours ago, Bob1943 said:

btd, have the sounds in your post of June 25, Cockpit Sound Test 2, been integrated into Stable 2.7?

I was flying the F-5 today and the engine sounds did not seem to be 100% true to what I hear in Sound Test 2, i.e., seemed to be missing some of the "howl".

As I see, the branch (user) version and trunk version (from which I made the video) absolutely the same. But I am not sure about "Stable" version. Maybe it's not there. Only in Beta. I can't answer exactly, sorry.

The stable version is updated very rarely. Therefore, the vast majority of players are using the beta version

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)