Particle effects corruption

dorianR666

Since 2.7, there is a new video corruption happening.

Its triggered by particle effects, apparently missile launches or missile hits, during their first couple frames.

cbcvbvbbvbvb.PNGyyyy.png

bbbbbbbb.png

track: none for now, seems to be a bit sensitive and sporadic.

this phenomenon was previously noticed by other players too but cause was unknown.

this one ^^^ shows it from up close, it looks to me like the little puff sprites from missile engine smoke, but randomly appearing in air with weird colours.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

This might be AMD drivers .

Another sim had same issues black dots and corrupt textures .

Try another driver also set every thing to default in drivers software and DCS . See if it fixes things . 

From Amd players . 

SSAO = On: black flickering spots along the bridge

SSAO = Off: no black flickering spots along the bridge (and also nowhere else)

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Hi, thanks for answer

my drivers are the latest and all driver settings are set to applications settings or off.

in my DCS settings, SSAO is off (my GPU is not powerful enough for it).

i tried changing various settings and it had no impact.

again, id like to note that this issue appeared with initial dcs 2.7 and wasnt present before.

Edited by dorianR666

Interesting @wilbur81, because the issue seems to mostly be with AMD cards. @Flappie and I have both tried to reproduce without success on our nvidia rigs, and the other nvidia users who said they had seen it haven't been able to reproduce reliably.

There have been several threads about this and I will make sure @Flappie is aware of this one as well

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I'm aware of this one, but I cannot reproduce it either so far.

I agree this seems connected to the spinning black boxes bug, which has been acknowledged by ED already.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 1 month later...

this is still happening in latest OB.

it really sucks the fun out of the game when you always know about every missile launch near you... its practically all-seeing MAWS.

is this bug even accepted by ED yet?

Edited by dorianR666

I'm still getting frequent graphics corruption associated with missile launches. Also still see occasional black boxes but they seem less frequent and I can't reproduce them reliably with track files on my own system. On top of that I have half screen black flashes that occur almost exclusively behind the supercarrier.

Turns out the RX 5600xt is a great card for everything I play except the one thing I bought it for.

Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5600 XT

1 minute ago, Roosterfeet said:

Turns out the RX 5600xt is a great card for everything I play except the one thing I bought it for.

There are like 4 AMD-related bugs in DCS since 2.7, most of which happen to me every mission. I too see black rectangles over my screen, but its triggered by civilian traffic on Channel for example.

Its like ED unofficially dropped AMDs from supported hardware or something.

6 hours ago, Flappie said:

You mean the spinning black artifacts above the cockpit happen less frequently than this multicolored bug on your PC?

Black rectangles in sky happen occasionally during flight, this bug happens only during missile launches or hits. So i dont know about less frequently.

What matters to me is that this color flashing bug damages gameplay because i immediately magically know when im launched at and can immediately drop flares. The black rectangles dont affect gameplay, theyre only visual annoyance.

Edited by dorianR666
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...