Any news?

Cathnan

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 10:16 AM, Cathnan said:

It's been quite some time since I've heard any updates on this map. And since this is the map I'm looking forward to most, I'd like to know if there are any new updates. Especially in terms of release date. The last I news I heard anout it were 2020 with a release in early access aimed for very late 2021, and I'm wondering if this is still the plan today.

Very late 2021? So its still behind us ;)! However it will be surprise if we will see it in this year. Pity bum maybe Im wrong?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 10:57 PM, Baco said:

Yeah people complaining about forests in the islands.. LOL

I must say it has come a long way since its inception.

Its looking awesome.

I was there 86/87, and it was barren and unforgiving, with 4 seasons showing up daily, there were no trees at all on West Falklands I was based out of Fox Bay, and only the odd small one on East Falklands, in and around Port Stanley.

If it's realism you want, then no trees.. LOL even South Georgia had Feck all.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

2 hours ago, Oban said:

I was there 86/87, and it was barren and unforgiving, with 4 seasons showing up daily, there were no trees at all on West Falklands I was based out of Fox Bay, and only the odd small one on East Falklands, in and around Port Stanley.

Yeah, but the trees and mountains aren’t on the British map😉

they’re there for strike missions heading West…

or for Sea Kings making a sneaky little trip to Tierra del Fuego

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

Yeah, but the trees and mountains aren’t on the British map😉

they’re there for strike missions heading West…

or for Sea Kings making a sneaky little trip to Tierra del Fuego

or pretending the Andes are Norwegian Fjord's in your Mossie 😛

• Like 2

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

3 minutes ago, Oban said:

or pretending the Andes are Norwegian Fjord's in your Mossie 😛

And for finding 25 May after she hid from the RN

We badly need some UK assets though😕

Shar, Phantom, Tonka, Lynx

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 1

Oh yeah, actually when I was there 23 sqd were till flying FGR2's and watching them do the Track-Ex up through the valleys towards Mount Alice was pretty amazing.

Mt. Alice used to have a rapier battery based there, but after it was removed, the RAF still their Track-Ex's, and they'd see how low they could get over the golf balls, often low enough that they knock the various paques off the walls in the little bar up there !! They used to call us up and ask " How many?" as in how many plaques fell off the walls... mental, these pilots would have no problems flying 50' off the deck either..

I recall being on a Patrol on one of the Islands, and HMS Ambuscade was patrolling around the same area, and this FGR2 came out of nowhere, doing 400+knots,  I felt I could have touched the damn thing, and she popped flares as she pulled up over the Ambuscade.. I really enjoyed my 4 month tour down there.. had some great laughs.

Edited by Oban
  • Like 2

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

5 hours ago, Oban said:

Mate, please read well. There are No Tree on the ISLANDS.

But the map has thousands of kilometres of CONTINENTAL Land Full of trees. 

Edited by Baco
  • Like 1

things might have changed since you were their last. granted there are no native trees in the Falkland's, however, people have taken them and grown them in parts

example of Port Stanley

image.png

Fox Bay
image.png

Anyways i think you get my point. as we have very little reference (as no google street view) sometimes its required to use artistic licence.  Remember this isn't tree simulator 🙂 but for the most part, there are not any forests in the Falklands Islands or any native trees.  I think we have a happy balance to what looks really good. IMPO

Thanks Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

2 hours ago, Raz_Specter said:

things might have changed since you were their last. granted there are no native trees in the Falkland's, however, people have taken them and grown them in parts

example of Port Stanley

image.png

Fox Bay
image.png

Anyways i think you get my point. as we have very little reference (as no google street view) sometimes its required to use artistic licence.  Remember this isn't tree simulator 🙂 but for the most part, there are not any forests in the Falklands Islands or any native trees.  I think we have a happy balance to what looks really good. IMPO

Thanks Specter

Thanks @Raz_Specter… any further teases that can be shared???

this map is very highly anticipated, as it brings something truly different to DCS

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 11:57 AM, rkk01 said:

Thanks @Raz_Specter… any further teases that can be shared???

this map is very highly anticipated, as it brings something truly different to DCS

hi, many shots of the map are in 2022 and beyond video from ED, but hopefully we will do something very soon 🙂

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

2 hours ago, Raz_Specter said:

hi, many shots of the map are in 2022 and beyond video from ED, but hopefully we will do something very soon 🙂

thanks

Yes, was delighted to see the bleak mountainous landscape feature in the ED video…

One of the really exciting aspects of this map will be to run modern northern Scandinavia / NW Soviet Union type scenarios, albeit in the Southern Hemisphere…

EF2000 part deux…!

On 10/19/2021 at 3:05 AM, HotTom said:

Call it Norway and us Mossie drivers will be thrilled!

I’ve been pondering Mosquito range / load / flight time type issues from Falklands to mainland - maths suggest that it would be a long drive…!

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 2

On 12/29/2021 at 11:00 AM, rkk01 said:

Yes, was delighted to see the bleak mountainous landscape feature in the ED video…

One of the really exciting aspects of this map will be to run modern northern Scandinavia / NW Soviet Union type scenarios, albeit in the Southern Hemisphere…

I'm not much of a campaign flyer, but as soon as I saw this map I had the idea of a near-future US/UK (and Canada of course) vs. China scenario, with China having gotten a foothold in Argentina as a stepping stone for seizing parts of Antarctica for resources.

I don't mean to be presumptuous, but I think it's a cool idea. :happy:

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

On 1/2/2022 at 10:51 PM, Beirut said:

I'm not much of a campaign flyer, but as soon as I saw this map I had the idea of a near-future US/UK (and Canada of course) vs. China scenario, with China having gotten a foothold in Argentina as a stepping stone for seizing parts of Antarctica for resources.

I don't mean to be presumptuous, but I think it's a cool idea. :happy:

or even to prevent Argentina and Chile from protecting their territorial waters against predatory ilegal fishing done by Chinese ships.

Edited by Baco
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Baco said:

or even to prevent Argentina and Chile from protecting their territorial waters against predatory ilegal fishing done by Chinese ships.

It could be a massive war to protect the penguins. If penguin feet turn out to have the same alleged properties as rhino horns, Opus could be in serious trouble.

I'm in! I will fight. :bomb:

• Like 3

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!