What brand Rudder pedals

Tuskee

I’m very happy with my VPC set, tough I must admit that they are the only ones I’ve had.

UvWIWvi.jpg

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

36 minutes ago, Tuskee said:

Looking for a top notch set. Thank you?

After using various pedals with the traditional twisting design I was just little hesitant to get VKB helicopter style pedals. But estimation went correct that they are superior in design to traditional at home. They don't just work nicely with the office chair, they work great as well when sitting very low (~20 cm from floor).

I don't miss the brakes, but I don't really operate on carrier in hornet either so much that I would need maximum turn performance. I have set the toe brakes behind a button but no need to use really.

The best thing is that pedals operation is not from the hip. So tights don't get tired or knees don't need to work as much. Accuracy is high when all is done with just ankle or toes. Helicopters requires a lot more control accuracy than fighters and it is easier that way operate even fighters at home with that design.

If going for traditional style, I would probably look at the Virpil if owning already that set.

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I've owned a set of the Thrustmaster TFRP and a set of the VKB pedals.  The thrustmaster pedals were okay--didn't love them didn't hate them.  They were light and slipped around a lot so I secured them to a piece of plywood to give them some weight.  From there I went to the VKBs which are great pedals especially for helos, but I missed having toe brakes.  I wanted the immersion of having the toe brakes so, after getting their CM3 throttle, I went with a pair of Virpil ACE Flight Pedals and I don't see ever going back to anything else.  Virpil is simply top-shelf--their customer service is amazing and their software is outstanding.  Can't say enough good things about Virpil.  Don't get me wrong, the VKBs are fantastic pedals, but the ACE pedals are much more comfortable to me (which comes down to personal taste).  Bottom line is you can't go wrong with either the VKBs or ACE pedals.

• Like 1

I initially used a pair of Saitek Pro, and after two years upgraded to TPR. I never really liked the TPR, and now use the Virpil rudders, which are incredibly well-made. I also use an ingenious solution (see here) to anchor the pedals to my chair (so I don't have to permanently fix the pedals to the floor)

• Like 1

I love my MFG Crosswinds, they are super-smooth and tweakable to my liking. That said, they are the only "good" pedals I have owned. When I bought my first pedals, the CH Pro Rudder, it was a revelation, but after a few years I became too aware of its flaws. 

• Like 1

dcs_sig.jpg

36 minutes ago, Harzach said:

I love my MFG Crosswinds, they are super-smooth and tweakable to my liking. 

I considered them when I made my purchase, but the price difference was only 25 Euro, so I opted instead for the all-metal Virpil Rudders. If the Crosswinds had been cheaper, say 80 euros less than the Virpil's, then I would probably had purchased them.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

7 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I considered them when I made my purchase, but the price difference was only 25 Euro, so I opted instead for the all-metal Virpil Rudders. If the Crosswinds had been cheaper, say 80 euros less than the Virpil's, then I would probably had purchased them.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Virpil, so they seem to be a great option.

dcs_sig.jpg

Used to have the Logitech (Saitek) Flight Pro Rudder Pedals. Cheap (around 140€), but frankly not worth more. I don't recommend them. They're all plastic and feel accordingly, and one week ago, the USB PCB controller died after only 2 years and 4 mounths of use (what a coincidence....)

I'm stuck on the ground until my new MFG Crosswind V3 arrives on wednesday 😭

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

Started of with a CH set, now have MFG Crosswinds with modded footrests, they are just superb.

Been thinking of getting the damper mod.

In the pictures in the first post, the modded footrests are shown in various forms as is the damper mod.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For Fixed wing the best prosumer/consumer rudder pedals are probably going to be the Thrustmaster TPM pedals but your going to pay a premium.

Virpil pedals while not pendular like the thrustmaster TPM are still pretty awesome even for helicopters. You can run them with Heavy or light springs, double the springs up, run them with rubber bands, or even run them springless. Virpil Pedals are all metal.  One of the 4 models lacks toe brakes. The toe brake models are superior to MFG and SLAW pedals which are similarly priced.

If you can live without toe brakes and don't have to manspread the best bang for your buck pedals are probably going to be the VKB pedals.

If you have to manspread but don't need toe brakes the Virpil Warbrd Pedals are nice.

I have the Virpil ace collection pedals myself on a Pein Pedal Mount.

I cannot recommend anything cheaper than the VKB pedals as most rudder pedals below this price point are plastic crap and/or 8 bit, You would probably be better off with a high end stick that has twist like a Virpil Constellation Alpha, (VKB has some sticks with twist and Winwing has a twist adapter.) I had CH pedals that lasted for years but they where plastic 8 bit pedals that always had issues like gummed up tracks and the toe brake cable would occasionally brake off inside the base, but you the OP was asking about High End rudder pedals.

Thrustmaster TPM (With Toe Brakes and Shocks/plungers), Virpil Ace (with Toe Brakes), VKB (without Toe Brakes), Virpil Warbrd (without toe brakes).