List of several (visual) issues

Phaëthon

Here's a list of a couple of visual issues that I came across in Su-25T (DCS 2.7.1.7139 Open Beta)

1) Cockpit glass reflections are still TOO strong. Very often it's almost impossible to look through the HUD.

2) What is being reflected in the cockpit glass is totally wrong (impossible perspectives and whatnot). Being a low fidelity module it's understandable, but still.. I'd rather just have it off instead of reflecting the joystick+instruments on the HUD.

3) Instrument light is very very dim if it's dark outside (ex. Overcast) but still daytime. It appears it only gets properly lit if it's actually night time.

4) HSI instrument light is much dimmer than all the rest.

5) Bindable Flashlight key but without any effect. Probably the same for all FC3.

Edited by tagomago
  • Like 9

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Asus ROG Strix B550-F | Asus GeForce RTX 3080 | HyperX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 NVMe | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Flight Pack

6) Nav lights way too dim! (See Su-25A)

7) Ground roll-cockpit shake way too excessive compared to all other aircraft in the sim!

8) Annoying sound still plays constantly if damage to lading gear or flaps occurs and plays even after all systems and electrics are shut down.  

9) Specular mapping appears to still not be implanted? (See Su-25TM)

The Su-25T is ED's first truly advanced flight model and it paved the way for all the wonderful aircraft we have today.

It was the first love for many of us here and seeing as it still makes a 1st impression on so many people trying DCS for the very 1st time I cant understand why its not the most finished and polished aircraft in the fleet.

Please ED, give the old girl some love. 😊

• Like 11

2 hours ago, swartbyron said:

It was the first love for many of us here and seeing as it still makes a 1st impression on so many people trying DCS for the very 1st time I cant understand why its not the most finished and polished aircraft in the fleet.

This!

I feel it suffers from the particular stigma of being a free aircraft and not deserving/justifying the man-hours in polishing it.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Asus ROG Strix B550-F | Asus GeForce RTX 3080 | HyperX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 NVMe | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Flight Pack

• 1 month later...

It's such a shame that the old modules are not getting the updates they need. It's usually very minor things caused by switching to new engines, reflections being a primary concern, so it's not like it would take thousands of man-hours to fix. Not only are the free modules not getting any love, paid modules (like the L39C for example) are all but forgotten. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 3

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

@Sérvalpilot has just taken matters into his own hands and posted a working solution for the reflections issue.
Check it here: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 5:36 PM, swartbyron said:

... and seeing as it still makes a 1st impression on so many people trying DCS for the very 1st time I cant understand why its not the most finished and polished aircraft in the fleet.

Please ED, give the old girl some love. 😊

+1

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The Su-25T is ED's first truly advanced flight model and it paved the way for all the wonderful aircraft we have today.

Please ED, give the old girl some love. 

Agree. This is what brought me into this.
Now I have everything sans CEII, I-16 and the Yak.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 2:54 PM, tagomago said:

Here's a list of a couple of visual issues that I came across in Su-25T (DCS 2.7.1.7139 Open Beta)

1) Cockpit glass reflections are still TOO strong. Very often it's almost impossible to look through the HUD.

2) What is being reflected in the cockpit glass is totally wrong (impossible perspectives and whatnot). Being a low fidelity module it's understandable, but still.. I'd rather just have it off instead of reflecting the joystick+instruments on the HUD.

3) Instrument light is very very dim if it's dark outside (ex. Overcast) but still daytime. It appears it only gets properly lit if it's actually night time.

4) HSI instrument light is much dimmer than all the rest.

5) Bindable Flashlight key but without any effect. Probably the same for all FC3.

1) / 2)The latest OB patch lowered the reflections. How do you find them now?

3) Please provide a track.

4) This issue has already been reported.

5) Like you said, it's a global FC3 thing.

On 6/12/2021 at 11:36 PM, swartbyron said:

6) Nav lights way too dim! (See Su-25A)

7) Ground roll-cockpit shake way too excessive compared to all other aircraft in the sim!

😎 Annoying sound still plays constantly if damage to lading gear or flaps occurs and plays even after all systems and electrics are shut down.  

9) Specular mapping appears to still not be implanted?

😊

6) If you mean Su-25A gets better nav lights, please attach a track showing both aircraft.

7) This has been reported already.

8 ) Wow, this one is old. Can you please attach a track showing this?

9) No, I don't think it is.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thank you for your reply Flappie 😊

6) If you mean Su-25A gets better nav lights, please attach a track showing both aircraft.

See comparison shots below of Su-25A/Su-25T in day time, nav lights cant be seen on Su-25T.

Track attached below

inCollage_20210816_200842962.jpg

See comparison shots below of Su-25A/Su-25T at dawn, nav lights can be seen on Su-25T but dull compared the to Su-25.

Track attached below

inCollage_20210816_200948910.jpg

7) This has been reported already.

Thank you.

8 ) Wow, this one is old. Can you please attach a track showing this?

I have been unable to reproduce this but will attach a track if it happens again, thanks.

9) No, I don't think it is.

Yes, the Su-25T has none by default!

If you swap the Su-25T.edm with the Su-39.edm or rename the Su-39*.json files Su-25T specular mapping appears.

Try it and see the difference. 👍

Specular differences between Su-25T.edm and Su-39.edm can clearly beseen in model viewer below.

inCollage_20210816_201041592.jpg

See post from as far back as 2018 about this.

Su-25T NAV lights test- DAY.miz Su-25T NAV lights test- DAWN.miz

Edited by swartbyron