Infantry behaviour...

I just got off the Cold War server (Highly recommended, gents), and the infantry was crouching and going prone.... There has been some robust discussion going on here lately about ground unit behavour... anyone else noticed these sneaky changes?

• Like 4

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

9 hours ago, Grievo said:

I just got off the Cold War server (Highly recommended, gents), and the infantry was crouching and going prone.... There has been some robust discussion going on here lately about ground unit behavour... anyone else noticed these sneaky changes?

Yeah when I see people say "what are we going to do with the Mi-24P?" and i'm like: There is already a popular multiplayer server where we are salivating to get our hands on it, with a variety of different missions with ground tagets that are already nicely tuned to what the Mi-24P will offer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

That "new behavior" has old, present on M4 and M249 soldiers some time ago.

3 hours ago, Grimleo said:

The M4 soldiers already crouch to fire. The M249 soldiers already go prone to fire. I doubt we are looking at new behavior.  

Bugger. I’ve never noticed them doing that before.

I tried making UH-1 infantry support missions and was put off by how they just stood there in contact like the ANA.

Will investigate further. 

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

The now ancient US infantry units already do that, always did. M4 guys crouch, M249 one go prone before shooting.

Also some of the old insurgent models are always crouched, and old Russian paratrooper model crouches before shooting as far as I can recall.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

• 1 month later...

Some of the RPG and AK paratroopers cannot actually stand up after they engage. They will 'run' by sliding along the ground prone or kneeled. 

Infantry in general in DCS needs a huge re-work. It's hard to enjoy the Hind right now because the role it's supposed to do: Infantry CAS and suppression, it's actually terrible at in DCS because of the awful behavior of AI infantry. They don't all go prone, they march single-file if you tell them to go anywhere, and they get stuck on buildings and trees. When they get engaged, they don't engage back, they simply stand there and take it. Which is fine because they each can take almost 100 bullets of anything short of HE and be at 25-50% health. 

It really has bummed me out. 

Edited by Auditor
  • Like 2