I don't want to jump the gun..

sublime

.. but why aren't they showing Petrovich off? It's a huge part of the module; a huge deal. Idk. It's starting to worry me.  The vid today - he jumped to the front seat to flip a couple switches.  Did he do so just to show that?  As in my god I hope Petrovich can at least arm weapons?

I agree that I hope he's able to do some of the more niche startup commands, like setting up the switch he mentioned when carrying pods and bombs at the same time. Specifically just to make multiplayer a bit more paletteable, but I would imagine that particular switch is of such importance he should be able to do it.

It was just odd to me that wags jumped to that seat.  I could see doing it for the atgms.. but he jumped to the seat to show us him turning the arm on / off?

What?

I also worry that they discuss Petrovich so little.  The only other comparison I have is HB and the f14 and they talked ALOT about jester.

Did anyone else notice also that it seems we won't have bombs and kmgu and the two other rocket types initially?

5 minutes ago, SuumCuique said:

He jumped to the front seat to show how to arm the weapons, not just the switches you need to press in the backseat. I don't think there is a reason to suspect that the AI will not be able to arm those switches yet.

That's what I think too, it was a tutorial video after all.

I do remember reading on the Discord that Petrovich should be getting his own video (if Wags finds enough time)

Also (from Gierasimov in a different thread here):

https://forums.eagle.ru/uploads/monthly_2021_06/Screenshot_20210611-212544_Reddit.jpg.57bf8fc165a7ad11b4978502b0df24ab.jpg

• Like 5

Guys, I really wouldn’t expect too much from Petrovich, at least in the EA release. We’ll be able to command him to take over control and set certain ‘holds’: heading, speed, altitude etc. 
I guess he’ll be able to call out threats, and engage them on command with the ATGMs. But otherwise what’s been confirmed? 

Anything like Jesters command wheel and some of his switch settings options might be an expectation too far. The available publicity on his exact functions are worryingly absent. 

In my opinion, i be leave the reason why we don't see Petrovich yet is because each one of these videos is about a specific topic.  Being that Petrovich is the AI front seater/rear seater i am sure there will be a video just about him, and the capabilities he offers and can do.    Each video that wags puts out is of one topic and a concentration of that topic.   Putting Petrovich in each video for one little segment maybe more of a hindrance then a help. I myself look at these videos as a lesson on how to do one thing,  the last thing i need is 90% of how to do one thing and then interject 10% of something that is not needed for the task.  Would rather watch one video about Petrovich of all the things he is capable of instead of trying to search 10 videos to find the small pieces of info i need to accomplish the task

Just my opinion

• Like 8

I agree. I think even for the limited functionality he'll initially have a video specifically for the ai is more a must than a nice to have. It'll most likely be a huge part of the SP experience after all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cathnan said:

I agree. I think even for the limited functionality he'll initially have a video specifically for the ai is more a must than a nice to have. It'll most likely be a huge part of the SP experience after all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Let's wait and see what Petrovich can do in the upcoming ATGM video. I reckon Wags is going to show all it is to it there. 

With limited Petrovich at EA I doubt there is a need for separate video on this topic. 

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

21 hours ago, AvroLanc said:

Anything like Jesters command wheel and some of his switch settings options might be an expectation too far. The available publicity on his exact functions are worryingly absent. 

AFAIK You don't get the same pie-menu but a 4-way hat designed menu. So you use a one hat in joystick to command the Petrovitch. 

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

33 minutes ago, sublime said:

Oh jeez I hope he can do more than four cmds 😕

My guess is they will be contextual but thats just my guess. Like hat switch up to look for targets, then say hat left for tanks, trucks, infantry, etc

Mi-24P development teams are going to have a meeting this Monday for go/nogo to release the product on the 16th. This topic may as well give them a reason for nogo with all your "concerns". It is already confirmed that "Petrovich" will have the needed functionality for a successful initial rollout. In the MI-24P the front gunner is there mainly for ATGM guidance and target spotting. Petrovich will be able to aim the ATGMs and will be able to spot the targets on the module released, what else do you need? Wags has informed the community that the next video will be about the ATGMs and Petrovich.
Extra stuff for Petro like manual map navigation and so on will come later during the EA.

• Like 8

I'm not concerned about Petrovichs abilities. It's long been said that they will be limited initially and extend over time. That's fine with me. I just think even limited functionallity should get a video explaning it to get us of the ground with the AI. In term's of controls, I don't remember where or who it was but someone from ED said Petrovich will be controlled by a 4 hat switch and a combination of short and long presses. So definitley more than 4 functions. Would assume it's also contextual as it would simply make sense. And if he's Bignewys new best friend already, bring him to us 😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BioZ said:

...Petrovich will be able to aim the ATGMs and will be able to spot the targets on the module released ...

This would be enough to make the module very fun and engaging for most people, I should think. I wouldn't get too worked up about this stuff before the module is even released.

Worry is a dividend paid to disaster before it is due.  - Ian Fleming

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

6 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

This would be enough to make the module very fun and engaging for most people, I should think. I wouldn't get too worked up about this stuff before the module is even released.

I hope he calls for any enemy fire/MANPADS he sees as well. 🙂

• Like 1

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

5 hours ago, BioZ said:

This topic may as well give them a reason for nogo with all your "concerns".

I wouldn't worry too much about the developers reading threads on their forum and deciding on whether to release their modules into early access, based on those threads. In fact I would go so far as to say that this has probably never happened and never will happen, at least with regards to Eagle Dynamics. If the Mi24p meets their internal criteria for release, they will release it, otherwise they won't. It's as simple as that. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 2

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

10 hours ago, BioZ said:

Mi-24P development teams are going to have a meeting this Monday for go/nogo to release the product on the 16th. This topic may as well give them a reason for nogo with all your "concerns". It is already confirmed that "Petrovich" will have the needed functionality for a successful initial rollout. In the MI-24P the front gunner is there mainly for ATGM guidance and target spotting. Petrovich will be able to aim the ATGMs and will be able to spot the targets on the module released, what else do you need? Wags has informed the community that the next video will be about the ATGMs and Petrovich.
Extra stuff for Petro like manual map navigation and so on will come later during the EA.

:Eyeroll:

Oh give me a break.  "Concerns"?  As in I'm somehow not being sincere?  One could equally say perhaps you're not being sincere since you just want 'positive or shutup' apparently.  It's the message boards for the mi24.  No one made you go into this topic.  Deal with it.  All I get from your entire message is -

"Don't dare speak up about any concerns or worry's or you'll be the reason they don't release the module'"

What else do I need?   Let's be realistic.  There's probably 50 different things a gunner does or needs to do that are smaller but just as important.  What else do I want him to do?  Anything that I cant reach from the back seat is what!  I also would like options like jester i.e. 'inactive' or 'quiet'.   And don't give me this faux outrage about early access.  I've seen colossally bad EA releases and I've seen almost feature complete EA releases (cof cof f14)

Do me a favor and just skip even 'discussing' this with me with your 'logic'

4 hours ago, sublime said:

Oh give me a break.  "Concerns"?  As in I'm somehow not being sincere?  One could equally say perhaps you're not being sincere since you just want 'positive or shutup' apparently.  It's the message boards for the mi24.  No one made you go into this topic.  Deal with it.  All I get from your entire message is -

"Don't dare speak up about any concerns or worry's or you'll be the reason they don't release the module'"

What else do I need?   Let's be realistic.  There's probably 50 different things a gunner does or needs to do that are smaller but just as important.  What else do I want him to do?  Anything that I cant reach from the back seat is what!  I also would like options like jester i.e. 'inactive' or 'quiet'.   And don't give me this faux outrage about early access.  I've seen colossally bad EA releases and I've seen almost feature complete EA releases (cof cof f14)

Do me a favor and just skip even 'discussing' this with me with your 'logic'

"They won't release the module" - That was a sarcasm, they won't bother reading this topic.

Here is a reality check for you, Petrovich will not be able to perform 20+ functions at the start. It has been stated over a hundred times already. Only the main and essential functions like target spotting and ATGM guidance will be implemented, plus some more stuff on top.

4 hours ago, sublime said:

Oh give me a break.  "Concerns"?  As in I'm somehow not being sincere?  One could equally say perhaps you're not being sincere since you just want 'positive or shutup' apparently.  It's the message boards for the mi24

Around a month ago I have raised a topic called "Facing the reality" - which was meant to discuss current ground limitations and how MI-24P will struggle to fully adapt to dcs due to it. 

No one is being "positive or shut up" here. 

I will be honest with you. It seems to me like you are just trying to create a big drama over here out of nowhere. You have been told that main Petro functions will be present on initial release and extra stuff will come later. What the hell on earth do you want more? Are you expecting Petro to solve world hunger or Navier-Stokes equations?

Edited by BioZ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 5k0rp1on said:

My guess is they will be contextual but thats just my guess. Like hat switch up to look for targets, then say hat left for tanks, trucks, infantry, etc

Something like that. You can just go quickly in other like "Up, Up, Right" to get wanted action. And you don't need to keep looking that what is on screen.

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.