Hound - ELINT system for missions bulders

uri_ba

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2022 at 6:42 PM, uri_ba said:

0.3.0 is progressing nicely, a mostly stable development build is always available on develop branch in github.

I have few more tests to run but it's almost here 🙂

Sounds great!

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Hello
really great work

i have added MQ-9 Reaper in list of ELINT Unit for testing and work as expected, but i was wondering what number will fit the best for antenna size and factor

actually i didn't found actual range detection IRL for ELINT and how to fit this range with antenna size and factor

are you planning to add more ELINT unit?

38 minutes ago, titi69 said:

Hello
really great work

i have added MQ-9 Reaper in list of ELINT Unit for testing and work as expected, but i was wondering what number will fit the best for antenna size and factor

actually i didn't found actual range detection IRL for ELINT and how to fit this range with antenna size and factor

are you planning to add more ELINT unit?

Hi, I will be adding units as it will make sense, but as you can see it's not hard 😉
detection range is not something you set, it's just a matter of LOS to the radar. the higher your platform goes the further it can see. I had not added any additional considerations such as radar transmission strength or platform sensitivity.. it was just too much guess work for something that is not important for us.

as for the antenna size and factor. they determine the accuracy of the bearing. the larger the number is the better the accuracy will be.

"factor" is actually a penalty. for example if your platform is very "noisy" like and AWACS. leave it at 1 for almost everything.
"antenna size" is set to the maximum distance between recivers on the platforms. the length of the fuselage or the wingspan (in meters) will make perfect sense.

0.3.3 has been released.
it's a bugfix only release fixing issues reported over the last few weeks.
it is highly recommended you upgrade the 0.3.x versions you have to this one as it includes several critical bugs.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have some fixes to make in the near future. However life got a little in the way, and I don't know when the next major update will come.

I was planning several changes,. But i think i have hit a roadblock that needs some API changes from ED, which may or may not happen. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Andy Epix said:

Howdy, just curious, does the HOUND mod work with the Superbug EA-18G? 

CJS Growler support has been added in 0.3.4.

However at the time i'm writing this, 0.3.4 is still in develop branch in github. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone.
Work on Hound 0.4.0 is progressing nicely it will be ready for initial alpha testing soon (if someone is interested to get a preview build, ping me).

But as you patiently wait, we have a new kid on the block the Mudhen.
By default Hound provides coordinates in DMS format, the hen is using DMM. To support this in existing hound setup you'll need to add one line in your initialization script.

HOUND.DB.useDecMin['F-15ESE'] = true

Happy hunting

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hi Everyone a Hotfix for DCS 2.9.1 scripting changes is (finally) released. I'm sorry it took so long. hadn't been touching DCS much lately and it took me a while to validate everything.

Happy holydays and happy hunting!

• Like 5