Messed Up Bindings with Every Update

Why does DCS redo bindings every time ED pushes an update?  I get tons of bindings I never set, some of mine are deleted, there are duplicates on some or all controllers, and I always get the damn View bindings I do not want and I have to clear them one by one.  No other flight simulator I have does this.  Why does ED have so much difficulty with this?  After every update, I spent hours redoing my bindings.  VERY IRRITATING.

Strange ... it does not happen on my DCS, the bindings are on the Saved Games folder and they are not touched by the installer.

Maybe you do your bindings manually, editing LUA files?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Ya, I've basically never seen that with mine.  I have a couple (actually I think I'm down to one) command that I manually add in the LUA and even that is bound correctly after I add it back.  Are you using JSGME or something similar?  I've seen others whose binding get messed up and I have wondered if that could be the cause (because new bindings do get added with added new functionality and I wonder if it causes JSGME to screw up).

• 2 weeks later...

Can't say I have seen this happen in DCS for quite a long time on my end.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I had it too. Setting for throttle were pushed to my rudder pedals. And when I configured them back, 1 engine would turn off in idle.... 😞

But now I know this is the case, I will check with every update.

I have Virpil stick, throttle and pedals, so that is A LOT of items to check.

😞

• Like 1

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong

i've had this happen a lot to me. I have several devices that have the same name, and the bindings for them will get mixed up if i reboot or such.

saving bindings down to profiles has saved me a lot of headaches. if the bindings get mixed up, it just takes a minute to reload the profiles.

• Like 2

I have a few Arduino boxes which sometimes get swapped. Initially I created a batch file to swap the controller files in the input joystick folders. I copied this into each Aircraft’s folders and ran it.

More recently I have used Joystick Gremlin to merge the Arduinos into one virtual controller and hidden the Arduinos from DCS. This seems to prevent any swapping of devices. Usually though it is unplugging them that causes the issue more so than a DCS update.

• Like 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I have had this happen to me several times.

It is very frustrating for new people because just when you are getting comfortable with the controls and basic aircraft handling everything gets messed up.

• Like 1

Backup and save your Drive:\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input folders, copy to USB. If i've added an aircraft or mod i will save this folder each time to my flash drive, that way nothing gets f'd up everytime you load the game.

Onething i noticed is if you were flying one type of aircraft then load a mission and select a different aircraft, the previous aircrafts setting will be loaded as well. so when your in mission or whatever make sure you load the correct planes stick/binding keys, even tho the correct plane is listed there. Just load the correct plane and save profile and begin. This happens time and time again. Like in multiplayer, my host loads up a P51 mission, then next mission an F86, when you go to your settings you will see F86 selected but you need to load and save that planes actual profile. It's nuts!

• Like 1

⁼ЅϮгаίϱϦϮеϗ цр, ϜІу ГϊϱϦϮ⁼

On 6/29/2021 at 12:54 PM, Baldrick33 said:

Usually though it is unplugging them that causes the issue more so than a DCS update.

Yup. Whatever will cause the device to pull a new GUID. If there are several devices with the same name, same buttons, and new/different GUID's, not really a reliable way to match things up. Not anything ED can really do about it afaik. It's more of an issue with Windows device handling and/or device manufacturers who lock in devices with the same device name.

• Like 2