Worth it?

Shark 3-1

Hi

I am wondering when the mi-24p is released if it is worth the buy. I like to fly the Huey and f-16. I own the KA-50 but I am learning it still. Should I wait till it releases or get the Av-8 etc

Modules I look forward too: BO-105, OH-58, AH-64, BS3, Eurofighter.
Wishlist: Ah-1 (any variant), HH-60 Pavehawk/ UH-60, A-4, AH6, and F-4

Joystick/Throttle/Rudder pedals: T.16000 Stick, TWCS throttle, and T-Flight rudder pedals.

This is up to you.

Are you interested in the Hind? Go get it.

Are you not? Leave it.

Edited by Viking 1-1
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

That really is a hard question to answer as no one has flown the hind other then the people at ED that i know of. This is one of them cases in how much do you idolize the aircraft.  Honestly i have always been intrigued by helicopters and how they work. That also with how iconic the helicopter is and for some reason the appearance just keeps drawing me into it.  The more and more as i see whats on the inside of the helicopter i want to learn how it works and is put together.

In reality if all depends on what kind of flying you plan to do.  How much time do you really want to invest into the aircraft.  The only upside of buying it right now is that its on sale for early access.  I also enjoy flying the UH-1H due to it being a old steam gauge aircraft and the history behind it.  Personally i think i will be right at home with the Hind. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Shark 3-1 said:

Hi

I am wondering when the mi-24p is released if it is worth the buy. I like to fly the Huey and f-16. I own the KA-50 but I am learning it still. Should I wait till it releases or get the Av-8 etc

Why buy it when you can try it for free for 14 days?...then you decide.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

I am on steam unfortunately so I can’t do the trial. 😞

Modules I look forward too: BO-105, OH-58, AH-64, BS3, Eurofighter.
Wishlist: Ah-1 (any variant), HH-60 Pavehawk/ UH-60, A-4, AH6, and F-4

Joystick/Throttle/Rudder pedals: T.16000 Stick, TWCS throttle, and T-Flight rudder pedals.

11 hours ago, CoBlue said:

Why buy it when you can try it for free for 14 days?...then you decide.

You'd miss out on the pre-release discount that way

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Just now, sirrah said:

You'd miss out on the pre-release discount that way

Yeah, but the OP asked if it's gonna be worth buying after the release, which probably means they're not planning to pre-order

1 hour ago, Morrov said:

Yeah, but the OP asked if it's gonna be worth buying after the release, which probably means they're not planning to pre-order

Ah, sorry, missed that

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

For me this is what I've been the most excited for in DCS in a long time. This helo is just so iconic, cool, and significant. And it's just the blend of simplicity and "sophistication" I enjoy.

Being an ED/former Belsimtek product, I have faith in its realism/authenticity/quality.

However, if you define "worth it" more along the lines of "how many kills can it get per sortie and in how high threat environment?" Then I will say that it will not do the things Ka-50 can for example.

I personally think it's worth it, but, none of us have tried it yet, and we don't know if it will release in a "seriously ED, what the hell!?!" state like some modules did. However, it doesn't look like that will be the case. And ED said many times since they will do their utmost to avoid those sorts of releases.

• Like 4

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

On 6/12/2021 at 10:04 PM, Shark 3-1 said:

Hi

I'm still undecided on the Hind, but I'm thinking I'll grab it for the cool factor. Been into flightsims sice the 90s, and I figure if I have access to the latest high-tech flightsim toys, I should get them. And the HInd looks like another step forward. That's why I grabbed the Supercarrier, because it was a step forward in flightsim tech.

(And if at all possible, get the Harrier. It's a ton of fun, and not that bad to learn. Probably my favorite DCS plane.)

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

The thing I noticed is compared to the other Helo's, the Hind feels (appears) very smooth, not jerky like the Mi-8, it gives the illusion of piloting a lot of weight and it has a lot of mass so it takes time to get moving and time to get it slowed down. I find I have to think way ahead of the acft because the input takes a while to take effect. I tried yanking and banking to drop off some troop, well wrong idea, this takes tactical planning and precision. I am glad I bought it.

• Like 2

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

I'm surprised the Hind has a two-week free trial already. Kinda figured those of us who pre-ordered would have first shot at flying it. As it stands, it's still 20% off on Steam and I/we could have taken it for a test drive first and still had a discount. 

Takes a bit of the "ooompf!" out of the pre-order purchase, but if more people are having fun, I guess that's good.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

On 6/17/2021 at 3:23 AM, Eldur said:

I think it's great they left it at -20% for now. I wonder for how long. Maybe a month like with the A-10C II package.

I think it's been ED's practice for a year or two now, their modules are %20 off as long as they are in early access status.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script