How do we get access to the new Free to Play Program?

SpaceFish112

Greetings all,

Just a quick one here, given the recent announcement of the new free to play program, how do we actually use it or get access to it? I was under the impression it took effect immediately and have since seen nothing on the ED website or the module manager along the lines of "Begin free trial" or something similar.

Thanks in advance,

Introducing a new Free to Play system that lets you evaluate all of our modules (aircraft and maps) for 14 days. You can play each module sequentially for 14 days or any number of them at a time. Once you have ‘consumed’ the 14 days, you will be given another 14 day free trial period for all modules six months later. Enjoy the offer and please tell your friends! Not available for steam sorry. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/trial/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@SpaceFish112 Once in game press icon that is squared in picture and go to offers. Im sure though that once in game and you press that icon a list of airplanes that are free to play will come up on a splash screen and you can select which ones you want to install. This is for standalone version only and not the steam version.

Regards,

John.

menu.jpg

• Thanks 1

I feel the need The need for jet engines to create thrust in order to have differential pressure on the wings which achieves aerodynamics lift at high velocity Ooww!! :pilotfly:

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

22 hours ago, SpaceFish112 said:

Guessing this does not apply to the Beta then?

Cheers Bailey, that link was what I was looking for. 👍

It applies to the OpenBeta AND Stable branches on Standalone. It does NOT apply to any Steam version.

• Like 1