request for a video showcasing damage model

kunterbunt

Hi @BIGNEWY, we all enjoy the videos Matt is creating. They are following a kind tradition to showcase all kinds of system in a new product.
I would like to suggest a new type of video showcasing the damage model of the product.

The new damage model has not been introduced into all models yet, but I believe is a very important part of a product.

Showcasing what can break and how the model will behave is very interesting to know.

It is also a very big differentiator to some other simulations out there.

• Like 3

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Advanced damage modeling is a planned feature for released product. 

Early access will have the same as other modules I believe, since only WW2 stuff benefit from the new system for now. 

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• ED Team
4 hours ago, kunterbunt said:

Hi @BIGNEWY, we all enjoy the videos Matt is creating. They are following a kind tradition to showcase all kinds of system in a new product.
I would like to suggest a new type of video showcasing the damage model of the product.

The new damage model has not been introduced into all models yet, but I believe is a very important part of a product.

Showcasing what can break and how the model will behave is very interesting to know.

It is also a very big differentiator to some other simulations out there.

Hi,

for the initial early access there will be a damage model that will effect the aircrafts flight model, parts will fall off, damage and holes will be seen. 
The team still have more work to complete on the damage model and this will be done during early access period.

thanks

• Like 8

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

20 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi,

for the initial early access there will be a damage model that will effect the aircrafts flight model, parts will fall off, damage and holes will be seen. 
The team still have more work to complete on the damage model and this will be done during early access period.

thanks

Thanks @BIGNEWY, the video should be released after the full damage model has been implemented of course. I believe this to be an important part of new modules that sometimes gets forgotten (by me). The more complex the damage model is, the more complex and unique experiences we will be able to experience with it.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb