Listening suspended.....

Chacer

Hi all,

Just updated voice attack & now when I push the TX1 button & hold it, TRANSMIT TX1  PRESS appears & TRANSMIT TX1 RELEASE appears a split second later even though I am still holding the button. this only happens when i load into a plane. With a mission or instant action not running the TX1 button acts properly. Have I missed a new setting or something else? Only happened since the update. I have tried it in a couple of planes & it does the same in both. I have looked through the settings & cant see anything that may have caused this.

Cheers

Rob

ALienware aurora R7, Windows 10 home 64 bit, i7-8700, RTX2080ti, 32 GB Ram, 2TB SATA hard drive, 250 GB M2 SSD, 500GB SATA SSD, Warthog Hotas, Thrustmaster tpr pedals, jet seat, BenQ SW2500PT, Oculus rift S

1 hour ago, Chacer said:

Hi all,

Just updated voice attack & now when I push the TX1 button & hold it, TRANSMIT TX1  PRESS appears & TRANSMIT TX1 RELEASE appears a split second later even though I am still holding the button. this only happens when i load into a plane. With a mission or instant action not running the TX1 button acts properly. Have I missed a new setting or something else? Only happened since the update. I have tried it in a couple of planes & it does the same in both. I have looked through the settings & cant see anything that may have caused this.

Cheers

Rob

I got this too. @Hollywood_315suggests setting some settings in MP. Not a solution for me.

image.png

Edited by MAXsenna

Yeah got the same a few days ago. Not sure since DCS went to stable 2.7.1? Sometimes it will say listening suspended multiple times as well.

Tried the usual i.e. settings the Custom DCS Path, removing and re-installing.

Tried this as well --> 

Edited by mrflibbleuk

Thanks guys. I will give these suggestions a go when I get  back from work tonight & report back.

• Like 1

ALienware aurora R7, Windows 10 home 64 bit, i7-8700, RTX2080ti, 32 GB Ram, 2TB SATA hard drive, 250 GB M2 SSD, 500GB SATA SSD, Warthog Hotas, Thrustmaster tpr pedals, jet seat, BenQ SW2500PT, Oculus rift S

22 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I got this too. @Hollywood_315suggests setting some settings in MP. Not a solution for me.

image.png

This worked for me!!!!! Thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated 🙏

• Like 1

Not working for me as well.

Using VAICOM with SRS in MP, and since the last update PTT on TX1 and 2 is broken. On the Hornet. On the Tomcat is working fine as before... so dont know what to do.

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

All - to help understand what is going on please could you tell us:

1. Whether the issue is happening in SP, MP or both

2. Do you run Voicechat and / or SRS as well and how is that configured to work with Vaicom

3. What settings do you now have on the MP tab in Vaicom config

Edited by hornblower793

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

1 hour ago, Ala12Rv-Birdman said:

Not working for me as well.

Using VAICOM with SRS in MP, and since the last update PTT on TX1 and 2 is broken. On the Hornet. On the Tomcat is working fine as before... so dont know what to do.

Interesting that it is fine in one plane and not the other - do you make any changes to your HOTAS set up for the different planes?

Does it work fine in SP?

Edited by hornblower793

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

My problem was in single player. I don't use voice chat or srs. Not tried it in multiplayer yet, but it's fixed in single player by using the setting above screenshot from MAXsenna

Edited by Chacer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

Interesting that it is fine in one plane and not the other - do you make any changes to your HOTAS set up for the different planes?

Does it work fine in SP?

It doesn't work in SP either.

I did not do any changes to my HOTAS, nor SRS, nor DCS... I also keep the HOTAS buttons for transmission clear in the DCS controls so voiceattack can handle them free.

• Like 1

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

So I’ve rolled back to the previous version and having no issues. I’ll choose to stay at this version until another version arrives that hopefully will resolve the issues. 
FYI: I’m not using any special mods other than voiceattack and Viacom pro. Not running SRS and only using single player. Listening works until in DCS and in aircraft. 

• Like 1

almost same problem but it recognize the first iteraction, then not. 

For example.. if I want to make appear the menu, I say "menu" and then choose third option  without unpressing the mic button I say "third option".

This was working previous this patch, but now not. I say "menu" the menu appears, but the listening is suspended so I cannot say any more option.. so if I unpress the mic to allow vaicom listening, the DCS menu disappears and I cannot do anything. 

Rule number one: Never touch something is working. 

Went back to 2.5.24 and everything is fine.

Edited by Japo32
  • Like 1

Last night I ran into this problem as well.  I have tried all the VoIP settings (restarting each time) with no success.  Everything was working correctly in SP with both the F/A-18 and F-14B modules.  I was using the latest version of Vaicom with the 32bit VA.  Both DCS Open Beta and the F-14B modules are the latest update.  The problem arose when I disabled the AIRIO extension to check a setting in the F-14B module.  After that, both the F/A-18 and F-14B have the problem.  Re-enabling AIRIO did not fix the problem.   Updating VA to 64bit made no difference.

This morning, while composing this post, I wanted to check all my aircraft modules for troubleshooting purposes.  I enabled AIRIO and tried "instant action" with my F-5 module (takeoff) and everything worked normally.  I then tried "instant action" on the F/A-18 and F-14B modules (both on takeoff)....no problems.  I went back to the same mission I had created, that had the problems, and tried both the F/A-18 and F-14B modules...everything works again.

MP VoIP slider is set to "Broadcast Parallel" and the "TX Link MP only" box is checked.  I am holding my breath around the Vaicom settings and not touching anything! 

I HATE INTERMITTENT PROBLEMS!

Hope this helps

• Like 1

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

Moving my information over to this thread from another one.

Vaicom works with Multi PTT on A-10C.  Running 2.7 stable.

It is not working on single PTT aircraft.  Specifically in my case:  UH-1h, Spitfire, and P-51.

The LCD displays all info correctly.  Easy comm on / off no difference.  MAP single / norm no difference.

Observed, that when PTT initiated, "Listening Resumed" logs followed immediately by "Listening Suspended" in VA.  The Vaicom PTT page shows the "TX1" illuminate, immediately goes off, and "RLY" illuminates until release the PTT.

Have only flown single player.  Never used the chat.

UPDATE:  Happened to notice the Debug button today, so ran with it on.  Shows that in certain cases radios / operators not found.  See attached.

Vaicom Messages Debug Mode.txt

VR with Oculus Rift preferred flying method.

We are struggling to see what is happening, because I and other community troubleshooters cannot get this problem to trigger. I have tried all sorts of settings on my machine without getting listening suspended to happen until I let go of the PTT. I know you are experiencing it, but it is really hard to help when we cannot trigger it.

On 6/17/2021 at 11:05 PM, CrossWiseRanger said:

Vaicom works with Multi PTT on A-10C.  Running 2.7 stable.

It is not working on single PTT aircraft.  Specifically in my case:  UH-1h, Spitfire, and P-51.

Again, this is not affecting everyone - I did have an issue in the UH-1H just now so will test this some more, but both the Spitfire and P-51 work for me both in terms of talking to ATC and to my flight. In fact, my Spitfire and P-51 seem to be working flawlessly. I do still have an issue with the Dora where the radio doesn't work in the air but this is a long-standing issue

If someone who is having the listening suspended issue could post the following files here I will happily compare them to mine to see whether I can identify anything:

1. Saved games > DCS > Scripts > Export.lua

2. Saved games > DCS > Scripts > VAICOMPRO > VAICOMPRO.export.lua

3. Your DCS install directory > Scripts > UI > RadioCommandDialogPanel > RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua

4. DCS install directory > Scripts > UI > RadioCommandDialogPanel > TabSheetBar.lua

5. DCS install directory > Scripts > Speech > common.lua

6. DCS install directory > Scripts > Speech > speech.lua

7. DCS install directory > Scripts > UI > gameMessages.lua

Edited by hornblower793

Still no joy for single player with single PTT.     Multi-PTT, A-10c works.          DCS 2.7.1, Vaicom 2.5.25.2, VA 1.8.7

1.  DCS Menus work for all aircraft to comm ATC and Ground.  Never get Wingman to respond.

2.  As above with Easy Comms on in DCS identifies the correct radio.

3.  Learned that at least for these 3 preferences [Disable Player Voice, Disable Menus, & Hide On Screen Text] that Vaicom is changing setting in DCS.  In other words, these settings are controlled by VAI whether VAI running or not.

Would appear that DCS side is working.  I'm Winchester until Vaicom gets this fixed.

5 minutes ago, CrossWiseRanger said:

Still no joy for single player with single PTT.     Multi-PTT, A-10c works.          DCS 2.7.1, Vaicom 2.5.25.2, VA 1.8.7

1.  DCS Menus work for all aircraft to comm ATC and Ground.  Never get Wingman to respond.

2.  As above with Easy Comms on in DCS identifies the correct radio.

3.  Learned that at least for these 3 preferences [Disable Player Voice, Disable Menus, & Hide On Screen Text] that Vaicom is changing setting in DCS.  In other words, these settings are controlled by VAI whether VAI running or not.

Would appear that DCS side is working.  I'm Winchester until Vaicom gets this fixed.

Which mission(s) are you trying for the A-10c where the wingman never responds - I will see if I can replicate here

2 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

Which mission(s) are you trying for the A-10c where the wingman never responds - I will see if I can replicate here

hornblower793

Appreciate the help.  Plain mission 2 ea A-10's hot end of runway.  What is the magic setting I am missing?

Ground Kutaisi AC End Runway.miz

Thanks - will have a look at these tomorrow and see what I make of it all