Listening suspended.....

Chacer

Experiencing the Listening Suspended as well. I noticed that VAICOM stops listening immediately and goes into RLY mode if the in game radio isn't tuned to a frequency with units (aka ATC, Tanker, etc), regardless if SRS is running or not. If I have radios tuned to a frequency with units it works with no issues. My hurdle at the moment is there will be no more talking with ground crew until power is on the aircraft via VA/VAICOM unless using the keyboard menus...yuck. 

I'm using MP / VOIP Control / Dynamic Switching, tried the TX Link with and without MP Only, and I didn't like the double tapping requirement.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

13 hours ago, CrossWiseRanger said:

hornblower793

Appreciate the help.  Plain mission 2 ea A-10's hot end of runway.  What is the magic setting I am missing?

I have just tried this mission and it works as I would expect

Are you trying to do your radio check with the wingman before takeoff? If so, this is a DCS limitation that wingmen do not talk to you while on the ground. If you try radio check the moment your wingman tells you they are airborne you should get a response

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

4 hours ago, =Panther= said:

Experiencing the Listening Suspended as well. I noticed that VAICOM stops listening immediately and goes into RLY mode if the in game radio isn't tuned to a frequency with units (aka ATC, Tanker, etc), regardless if SRS is running or not. If I have radios tuned to a frequency with units it works with no issues. My hurdle at the moment is there will be no more talking with ground crew until power is on the aircraft via VA/VAICOM unless using the keyboard menus...yuck. 

I'm using MP / VOIP Control / Dynamic Switching, tried the TX Link with and without MP Only, and I didn't like the double tapping requirement.

@=Panther=Do you have an Interphone (TX5) switch mapped? If so, does that talk to the ground crew without the suspended issue?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

One thing has just been suggested on Discord from someone who had this problem. They said that it cleared when they reassigned their joystick in VA (not just the button but the whole, enable joystick) - could someone who has the problem try this and report whether there is any difference?

• Like 2

I concur with hornblower793.

changing configuration in MP didn't change anything (SP, FA18), however disabling and then reenabling the joystick in voice attack fixed it for me

spoke too soon, it was only because i was dead in the background....

Edited by Sacapuces

Running vaicom in singleplayer or multiplayer, I have this issue. It happens the same way if SRS is running or not, and if I'm using any of the options Vaicom has for SRS or not. It works as you would expect it to in the F14, but in other planes it doesn't, with the JF-17 being the one I have the most issues in (only recognises one TX button). Linked are the files Hornblower asked me to upload:

Export.lua VAICOMPRO.export.lua RadioCommandDialogsPanel.lua TabSheetBar.lua common.lua speech.lua gameMessages.lua

SOLUTION - UH-1h           Partial Spit and P-51D

Was able to get single player working for single PTT to initiate the radio transmission.  Now, need help to find out why ATC does not respond for WW II AC; even with menus and VA not running!!!

The key was understanding just what the RLY led was indicating.  So I read the manual.  Was a Multiplayer indicator even though running a single player game.

Counter intuitively (at least to me) is that [Use with Multiplayer] must be checked.  Nothing else on this page.  VOIP Control at default of [Broadcast Parallel].

Once made this change UH-1h worked perfectly to send and receive ATC both radios.  For the Spitfire and P-51D, the message sends but ATC never responds.

This setting would also explain why those who fly multiplayer did not have an issue with single player comms.

Multiplayer.png

• Like 1

VR with Oculus Rift preferred flying method.

2 hours ago, CrossWiseRanger said:

SOLUTION - UH-1h           Partial Spit and P-51D

Was able to get single player working for single PTT to initiate the radio transmission.  Now, need help to find out why ATC does not respond for WW II AC; even with menus and VA not running!!!

The key was understanding just what the RLY led was indicating.  So I read the manual.  Was a Multiplayer indicator even though running a single player game.

Counter intuitively (at least to me) is that [Use with Multiplayer] must be checked.  Nothing else on this page.  VOIP Control at default of [Broadcast Parallel].

Once made this change UH-1h worked perfectly to send and receive ATC both radios.  For the Spitfire and P-51D, the message sends but ATC never responds.

This setting would also explain why those who fly multiplayer did not have an issue with single player comms.

Multiplayer.png

I fly mostly in MP with some SP and have issues. So it isn't tied to the MP variable.

13 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

@=Panther=Do you have an Interphone (TX5) switch mapped? If so, does that talk to the ground crew without the suspended issue?

I do not have it mapped, I have never had more than 3 (TX) mapped. Guess that is something I would need to re-consider, maybe a command to open intercom and hold (not sure if possible) definitely gives me something to think about. 

• Like 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

All - the 25.3 update today should have resolved your listening suspended issues

• Like 1

Working fine back again on my end as well...!!!!

Thanks for the quick hotfix!!

• Like 1

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

We discovered something strange with a user on the Discord today.
Had this exact issue. After solving this and that (registry, paths etc) it still wouldn't work until we saw some errors about DiCE in the DCS log. User removed DiCE, and then it started to work.
Minor heads up to check other mods.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, filthymanc said:

I'm please to say, it works. Thanks

I spoke too soon.  I went on MP tonight and straight away the inverted Listening Suspended / Listening Resumed problem came back, in the A10C2 for every PTT switch.

I reverted back to 2.5.24 and the problem went away.

• Like 1

I spoke too soon.  I went on MP tonight and straight away the inverted Listening Suspended / Listening Resumed problem came back, in the A10C2 for every PTT switch.

I reverted back to 2.5.24 and the problem went away.
Post your setup?

I can confirm there's some kind of compatibility issue with VAICOM and DICE. I've just removed DICE and everything is back to normal. Pity that two such useful tools are not compatible.
Very true!
But I'm positive it will be solved, I wouldn't have believed it myself if I didn't witness it.

What would be useful to know? I will try and replicate it tomorrow evening. Tonight, I needed Vaicom to work for a squadron flight.
Understand.
No, I'm sure you're all set correctly, and was just gonna compare with what's different from my own setup.

• Like 1

What would be useful to know? I will try and replicate it tomorrow evening. Tonight, I needed Vaicom to work for a squadron flight.
Please could you post your Vaicom log file from a session where you have an issue. That will allow us to see if there are any clues

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Where did the ability go that would auto switch without needing to say “Switch” to relay to SRS if no Game AI units were on radio?

Under MP I have three options Broadcast Parallel (dislike because human wingman hear the call), TX Link (disliked the double click requirement), and Dynamic Switch (forced to say switch to talk via srs always). 

I currently have it set as dynamic switch but it doesn’t really dynamically work. I’m forced to say switch every time I open the mic just to talk via SRS. 

Sorry if this should be different topic, it started with the Listening Suspended fix I believe and seems linked in a way. 

This has really changed the way I can use Vaicom and SRS, and honestly wish the previous method was still available. Any insight will be helpful. 

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

Please could you post your Vaicom log file from a session where you have an issue. That will allow us to see if there are any clues

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Thank you. I'll have a try later tonight.

It'll be interesting to see what the problem is.

Also, I do not have Dice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Any mods? emoji848.png
Cheers!

Sorry, I didn't get chance to test, but I have the following mods in my Saved Games folder...

Hercules ver 6.7

Military Aircraft Mod

VNAO

DCS-SRS

476RangeTargets

Helipads

HermesR12

VPC

nBFVG Harrier Pack

Tacview

Ze Dim' New Static Packv0.4

and of course VAICOMPRO