Listening suspended.....

Chacer

Well I just updated to the newest version to test after reverting to a previous version due to the “Listening Suspend” issue. It’s still broken for me and
un-usable!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Disregard! I had to completely remove my key bindings and re-bind within VA and now it works as it should

• Like 1

Disregard! I had to completely remove my key bindings and re-bind within VA and now it works as it should

Well that was short lived, worked great! Changed nothing. Then fly again a little later and it no longer works?

Well that was short lived, worked great! Changed nothing. Then fly again a little later and it no longer works?

Do you have DiCE installed?

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

OK - could you post your Vaicom config settings and your Vaicom log from the last run (this can be found in <VoiceAttack install directory>\apps\VAICOMPRO\logs)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hum.... No I can't because for some reason my "Logs" folder is empty

I’m so frustrated with this thing, I’m gonna do a full clean reinstall and see if that fixes it
Restart VA and post a screenshot of t he VA log window.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Try re-adding the TX nodes one by one and see what happens  - if the issue happens again we can have a look and see what is happening

Ok I updated to version 3 of this new update and still I am having the problem. IT allows me to give the first order but as soon as it is given it "listened suspended" and the only way of allowing it to listen again is to release the PTT to PTT again. That is imposible in menu options where you have to say "menu - option 2 - option 3" etc with all the PTT always selected.

And.. no.. the problem is not DICE because I removed it and it is not working....

Please help. I wouldn't like to be forever (if possible) with the previous version)

Thanks

Edited by Japo32

Ok.. problem comes as said, because two mods I had. DICE and the HERCULES The problem is that I need DICE for dynamic change of programs depending on missions, and I need the hercules, not because I fly it, but because it is needed to play with my community missions. 

The reality is that previous version of the Vaicom plugin allowed me to use both programs and now not.  There has to be something inside the new one that is breaking the compatibility between all mods.

I understand that the developer cannot garantee the compatibility between other mods, but if at the end the user has to select between mods maybe one day the one selected to not to be used and supported would be Vaicom, because it is more important the other mod than Vaicom. Now I cannot choose the last version and has to go to previous one to use it. Until it works with DCS changes.

Please help. Thanks.

Edited by Japo32

4 hours ago, Japo32 said:

Ok.. problem comes as said, because two mods I had. DICE and the HERCULES The problem is that I need DICE for dynamic change of programs depending on missions, and I need the hercules, not because I fly it, but because it is needed to play with my community missions. 

The reality is that previous version of the Vaicom plugin allowed me to use both programs and now not.  There has to be something inside the new one that is breaking the compatibility between all mods.

I understand that the developer cannot garantee the compatibility between other mods, but if at the end the user has to select between mods maybe one day the one selected to not to be used and supported would be Vaicom, because it is more important the other mod than Vaicom. Now I cannot choose the last version and has to go to previous one to use it. Until it works with DCS changes.

Please help. Thanks.

It might also be worth asking Bailey if he knows why DiCE might be interfering with Vaicom as well

I am having the listening suspended issue in SP as well. I have no mods installed so I know that is not causing it. Tried all the suggested solutions here and nothing worked for me.

One thing I noticed is if you are in VIACOM control panel and in the PTT tab and press any of the TX buttons in that tab it works fine. It is only not working whne using the PTT Button controls on the throttle hat button I have set up for these commands.

Edited by Manhorne

What plane are you flying and please could you turn on Vaicom debug, get the problem and then post your Vaicom log file here

4 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

It might also be worth asking Bailey if he knows why DiCE might be interfering with Vaicom as well

Already did and of course he says, "ask hollywood". But the important stuff, is that previous to this udpate Vaicom it was working good.. and now not. I suppose Hollywood has the code to compare what is in one and the other and see what might be. 

I have two options:

1. Ask two developers (DICE and the Hercules one) to change something in their code because there is third one that is making crash everything. Even if they would, they would need to buy voice attack and vaicom for the support.

2. Ask the one that previously was working with both mods and see if he can search for that to see if it ca be solved. That I think is the easiest one, as the other two mods are free and he was the one that changed anything (both free mods where the same for some time already)

But if also there are other users that are having this issue and don't have any mod........... 

For now I am back in the previous version of Vaicom, as it is the one that works for me with everything. But if Hollywood sell another feature, I won't be able to buy it.

Edited by Japo32

Already did and of course he says, "ask hollywood". But the important stuff, is that previous to this udpate Vaicom it was working good.. and now not. I suppose Hollywood has the code to compare what is in one and the other and see what might be. 
I have two options:

1. Ask two developers (DICE and the Hercules one) to change something in their code because there is third one that is making crash everything. Even if they would, they would need to buy voice attack and vaicom for the support.
2. Ask the one that previously was working with both mods and see if he can search for that to see if it ca be solved. That I think is the easiest one, as the other two mods are free and he was the one that changed anything (both free mods where the same for some time already)

But if also there are other users that are having this issue and don't have any mod........... 
For now I am back in the previous version of Vaicom, as it is the one that works for me with everything. But if Hollywood sell another feature, I won't be able to buy it.
DiCE source code is on Github.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/247605-dice-dcs-integrated-countermeasure-editor-by-bailey/&share_tid=247605&share_fid=74365&share_type=t&link_source=app

I am going to try installing DiCE and see what happens on my install

Edited by hornblower793

Seems I've tricked "disabled commands", but I had to remove all mods and do a repair of DCS. Seems it's very pricky about radios no, so it does come from time to time, but as long as I've turned on/tuned/using correct radios, it works.
Kneeboard works as well, except for the C-101. There it doesn't appear at all for some strange reason.

I have now replicated the DiCE issues (hopefully in a methodical way), and sent the information to @Hollywood_315. I have noticed on my install at least, that the issues only occur on every alternate press of the TX button.

I have also found that it still happens even if DiCE.exe is closed down once DCS is running

Edited by hornblower793
  • Like 1