Listening suspended.....

Chacer

5 minutes ago, filthymanc said:

The problem happened again today. It's a phantom bug. Happened just the once. It doesn't like something.

Do you know what you were doing at the time?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

3 minutes ago, hornblower793 said:

Do you know what you were doing at the time?

Yes, I was in the A10 2, going through my start procedure, and then I gave a command from my piggybacked profile and it switched to the inverse listening state everyone I press the ptt. I don't have either dice or herc mods

1 minute ago, filthymanc said:

Yes, I was in the A10 2, going through my start procedure, and then I gave a command from my piggybacked profile and it switched to the inverse listening state everyone I press the ptt. I don't have either dice or herc mods

Interesting - if you are OK with it, it might be worth posting the piggy-backed profile here and we could then see if we can replicate or spot an issue

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• 5 weeks later...

Experiencing this bug in the Single Player Fear the Bones campaign from Reflected. Thought it might be a F-14A problem, but tried the instant action missions and VAICOM works in both the -A and the -B model. Loading up the campaign, and immediate "listening suspended" issue. T-45 mod is only mod installed. Every mission is affected so far. 

Best, DS

Experiencing this bug in the Single Player Fear the Bones campaign from Reflected. Thought it might be a F-14A problem, but tried the instant action missions and VAICOM works in both the -A and the -B model. Loading up the campaign, and immediate "listening suspended" issue. T-45 mod is only mod installed. Every mission is affected so far. 

Best, DS
Wild shot, was helping a friend today, and he had bound the VA PTT to the same as VAICOM TX1. So I tested this myself, and then I got the same. So might be worth checking.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

On 8/8/2021 at 10:15 PM, MAXsenna said:

Wild shot, was helping a friend today, and he had bound the VA PTT to the same as VAICOM TX1. So I tested this myself, and then I got the same. So might be worth checking.
Cheers!

Possibly, so what is correct? I have not bound a PTT button in VA other than enabling the houstick and POV as far as I know. Am I missing something?

Again, only affected in Fear The Bones campaign and F-14A, no other missions.

VA PTT.jpg

Best, DS

Possibly, so what is correct? I have not bound a PTT button in VA other than enabling the houstick and POV as far as I know. Am I missing something?

Again, only affected in Fear The Bones campaign and F-14A, no other missions.

1936589970_VAPTT.jpg.49a4b527571fb0e9b2dad3754fca2b9b.jpg

Best, DS
Like I said, a wild shot, and you seem to have it correctly set up.
Are you on the latest VAICOM version?
Try to roll back to 2.5.24 and see what happens.
If you also could enable debug and post the VAICOM log if it still persists.
If it's only that campaign that is affected, my first guess would be something in the F10 menu that could be a problem, or if the missions forces some game settings on/off.
Are you using easy comms or not?
Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Having the same "listening suspended" problem with the F-14B.  Not using DiCE or other mods and the fixes suggested above do not seem to help. Oddly it seems to work fine with an in air start but not when cold starting. 

Edit:  Can confirm it has something to do with cold starts.  Starting from warm on the runway and it works fine.  Same mission but change to cold start and I get the "listening suspended" thing even when trying to talk to Jester or ground crew.

Edited by San Patricio

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/27/2022 at 9:53 PM, gryper said:

So 5 pages and no one has found a solution for this yet? I screwed up then buying this Vaicom last night.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:23 PM, San Patricio said:

Having the same "listening suspended" problem with the F-14B.  Not using DiCE or other mods and the fixes suggested above do not seem to help. Oddly it seems to work fine with an in air start but not when cold starting. 

Edit:  Can confirm it has something to do with cold starts.  Starting from warm on the runway and it works fine.  Same mission but change to cold start and I get the "listening suspended" thing even when trying to talk to Jester or ground crew.

I've put in a support ticket, let's see how this goes and if they stand by their product.

It's not VA for sure.   Neat trick, while in the seat, hit ESC to bring up the menu...voila VA works as intended...now say a command as you normally would, hit ESC again and the command will be executed.

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

• 2 weeks later...

After a long hiatus, I came back to finish the Raven One campaign and have had this problem with the current version of VAICOM PRO.  When trying to use the "options" command to display the F10 menu and selections, Voice Attack indicates "listening suspended," and further commands, (i.e. "Take One - Twelve") are not registered.  The only way to start listening again is to release the PTT, which closes the comms menu in DCS.  This is extremely annoying as it makes the "mystery/mission/server" and "options" commands useless.  I tried in Through the Inferno single player missions and barebones missions I created myself to confirm.  I have the same behavior with the F/A18, F16, and F14 so far.  I did not test any other modules.

After attempting most of the suggested solutions in this thread, I finally rolled back to 2.5.24.  I tested with both the F/A18 and the F16, and both appear to be working with 2.5.24.  I did notice something peculiar though.  In 2.5.27 when initiating a command and holding the PTT button, VA would indicate "listening suspended" after the first command and would not reset to a "listening resumed" state unless the PTT was released and pushed again.  In 2.5.24 VA would indicate "listening suspended," when initiating the first command, but then would immediately indicate "listening resumed," as long as the PTT was continually held.

In short, it appears that in 2.5.27 "listening suspended" happens as soon as any command is recognized, and it remains suspended until the PTT button is released and pressed again.  In 2.5.24 "listening suspended" happens when a command is recognized, but then it goes back to "listening resumed" without the PTT requiring a release and repress.  Perhaps someone else can check to see if they are having the same behavior.

Maybe this will help drill down to the bottom of the issue?  For now I'm going to stick with 2.5.24, but I would really like to be able to use Vaicom with the Apache again!  A fix would be amazing!

Edited by Wingman1387
spelling
  • Like 1

Having what appears to be about the same issue here as well. After the initial recognition subsequent commands following it are not. Making it virtually useless now.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1 hour ago, Drac said:

Same.  I now have changed it to pressing the button to turn it to "listening" and pressing again to "suspend listening".  Use to have it as PTT.

I will have to give that a try thanks. Currently Vaicom is useless for me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1 hour ago, Drac said:

Same.  I now have changed it to pressing the button to turn it to "listening" and pressing again to "suspend listening".  Use to have it as PTT.

Hmm not sure I see quite how to do that in VA? Appreciate any tips.

Don B

On 6/12/2022 at 5:58 PM, Wingman1387 said:

After a long hiatus, I came back to finish the Raven One campaign and have had this problem with the current version of VAICOM PRO.  When trying to use the "options" command to display the F10 menu and selections, Voice Attack indicates "listening suspended," and further commands, (i.e. "Take One - Twelve") are not registered.  The only way to start listening again is to release the PTT, which closes the comms menu in DCS.  This is extremely annoying as it makes the "mystery/mission/server" and "options" commands useless.  I tried in Through the Inferno single player missions and barebones missions I created myself to confirm.  I have the same behavior with the F/A18, F16, and F14 so far.  I did not test any other modules.

After attempting most of the suggested solutions in this thread, I finally rolled back to 2.5.24.  I tested with both the F/A18 and the F16, and both appear to be working with 2.5.24.  I did notice something peculiar though.  In 2.5.27 when initiating a command and holding the PTT button, VA would indicate "listening suspended" after the first command and would not reset to a "listening resumed" state unless the PTT was released and pushed again.  In 2.5.24 VA would indicate "listening suspended," when initiating the first command, but then would immediately indicate "listening resumed," as long as the PTT was continually held.

In short, it appears that in 2.5.27 "listening suspended" happens as soon as any command is recognized, and it remains suspended until the PTT button is released and pressed again.  In 2.5.24 "listening suspended" happens when a command is recognized, but then it goes back to "listening resumed" without the PTT requiring a release and repress.  Perhaps someone else can check to see if they are having the same behavior.

Maybe this will help drill down to the bottom of the issue?  For now I'm going to stick with 2.5.24, but I would really like to be able to use Vaicom with the Apache again!  A fix would be amazing!

@Hollywood_315 @hornblower793 Did some further testing between 2.5.24 and 2.5.27.  I don't know if there is something different in the polling of DCS or in how it interprets TX button presses, but in .24 a button press would always end in a "listening resumed" as long as the button was continually held.  As seen in the log below, every other TX button press in .27 would initiate a poll for mission information and then end in "listening suspended" even as the physical button was continually held.  (The top of the log was after I exited the mission and all the TX buttons were working as normal).  From reading the manual it seems to be connected to the "TX Link" option for MP.  I have tested it on and off, and with 'broadcast parallel', 'TX Link', and 'Dynamic Switching'  selected with no change in results.  Perhaps it would be worth pulling this feature out in a test build and see if the "listening suspended" issues continue?

Vaicompro log.png

VAICOMPRO.log VAICOMPRO.log

Edited by Wingman1387

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have already mentioned it somewhere else, but if any of you has NS430 module, try uninstalling it. It helped me.

• Like 1

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2022 at 6:12 PM, Wingman1387 said:

@Hollywood_315 @hornblower793 Did some further testing between 2.5.24 and 2.5.27.  I don't know if there is something different in the polling of DCS or in how it interprets TX button presses, but in .24 a button press would always end in a "listening resumed" as long as the button was continually held.  As seen in the log below, every other TX button press in .27 would initiate a poll for mission information and then end in "listening suspended" even as the physical button was continually held.  (The top of the log was after I exited the mission and all the TX buttons were working as normal).  From reading the manual it seems to be connected to the "TX Link" option for MP.  I have tested it on and off, and with 'broadcast parallel', 'TX Link', and 'Dynamic Switching'  selected with no change in results.  Perhaps it would be worth pulling this feature out in a test build and see if the "listening suspended" issues continue

I had this exact problem. The polling would happen every other press and would happen every time the "options" command was given. I was finally able to fix this by switching to "dynamic switching" in the mp settings. Please note that this affects SINGLEPLAYER so its a weird one.

the actual problem, the polling with subsequent suspension of listening, still persist but for some reason the dynamic switching throws a listening resumed behind every suspension untill the tx button is released.  this works with the options thing so singleplayer is saved at least

I really dislike dynamic switching in multiplayer so that's still a problem. 

edit :  if i decouple vaicom from srs by turning off the integration options in mp i might be able to just use both together if i use the correct options in srs

Edited by Nickentik

On 7/22/2022 at 9:10 AM, Nickentik said:

I had this exact problem. The polling would happen every other press and would happen every time the "options" command was given. I was finally able to fix this by switching to "dynamic switching" in the mp settings. Please note that this affects SINGLEPLAYER so its a weird one.

the actual problem, the polling with subsequent suspension of listening, still persist but for some reason the dynamic switching throws a listening resumed behind every suspension untill the tx button is released.  this works with the options thing so singleplayer is saved at least

I really dislike dynamic switching in multiplayer so that's still a problem. 

edit :  if i decouple vaicom from srs by turning off the integration options in mp i might be able to just use both together if i use the correct options in srs

After reading this, I was determined to figure out a way to make it work.  I set all of the options completely back to default with the reset tab.  In the MP tab I deselected everything and set VOIP to Broadcast parallel.  Still had the same problem.  However, when I went back and set Use with Multiplayer on and Dynamic switching, the listening suspended problem went away.  I then went back and selected all of the other options one by one back to the way I had them previously.  So far it continues to work.  🤷‍♂️ (and to make matters more odd, in the voice attack log, it still shows "listening suspended" after every other ptt press and hold, but it will still take and execute commands...)

TLDR, try resetting to defaults, then Dynamic switching and use with multiplayer on.  I'm not crazy about the dynamic switching, but I do very little MP so I can live with it for now.

VA.png

• 3 months later...

The move to community supported (Great job getting this back to working guys! And thank you to Hollywood for moving this to opensource) prompted me update to the new version and try this again.  I continue to have the same behavior.  Every other PTT press results in a 'unit query' and ends with "listening suspended" message and the commands given will not be sent.  The same with multi-part commands, i.e. "options" "Take one."  The command will end after the first part is recognized with a "listening suspended" message.  However, regardless of any other setting, if I have the VOIP Slider to "dynamic switching" it will still broadcast commands even with a "listening suspended" message.  It will only happen with DCS in a mission.  Any other time, everything works as expected with a PTT giving a "listening resumed" and release giving a "listening suspended."

All I can determine is there must be something odd happening with the VOIP Control options.  Wish that I understood how to code, and could help track this down myself.  It is driving me nuts!

40 minutes ago, Wingman1387 said:

The move to community supported (Great job getting this back to working guys! And thank you to Hollywood for moving this to opensource) prompted me update to the new version and try this again.  I continue to have the same behavior.  Every other PTT press results in a 'unit query' and ends with "listening suspended" message and the commands given will not be sent.  The same with multi-part commands, i.e. "options" "Take one."  The command will end after the first part is recognized with a "listening suspended" message.  However, regardless of any other setting, if I have the VOIP Slider to "dynamic switching" it will still broadcast commands even with a "listening suspended" message.  It will only happen with DCS in a mission.  Any other time, everything works as expected with a PTT giving a "listening resumed" and release giving a "listening suspended."

All I can determine is there must be something odd happening with the VOIP Control options.  Wish that I understood how to code, and could help track this down myself.  It is driving me nuts!

Hi! This might take some time, as a read through the code is probably needed. 

Cheers!