DCS UH-60 Blackhawk mod

4 minutes ago, Devrim said:

Hi. Thanks a ton for this wonderful contribution!

But, is there any official thread other than here? So we can follow the updates?

Thanks.

Selam Devrim, They have a discord channel. All discussion is going on there

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

4 hours ago, Boosterdog said:

be much more subtle with the collective, ensure your anti torque pedals havent got a huge curve in their axis and take note of your take off weight. 

Thanks for the response. I am nice and gentle on the collective, and have no curve in the axis. 😭

4 hours ago, RealDCSpilot said:

@XpRiV Hmm, double checked your axis input bindings working correctly? And most important, do you trim properly?

Trim to neutral. tried trimming into the spin too. No difference 😭😭

Axis' are standard.

Edited by XpRiV

5 hours ago, XpRiV said:

As soon as I try to take off the Heli goes into a spin and is uncontrollable!

You need to apply the proper amount of anti-torque pedal even before lifting off. In the Blackhawk mod, the appropriate axis for this is called "Pedal".

When flying the Blackhawk, hit ESC -> ADJUST CONTROLS -> Axis Assign, and double check that the input you provide on your assigned axis is reflected in that window; watch for the white bar under the name of the DirectX axis when you move the axis (in my case, the axis is called JOY_RZ).

Screen_220118_01.jpg

While in that dialog, double-check that no other device is configured for this axis.

With all that done, close the dialog, get back into the cockpit, and show the controls indicator with RCTL + Enter; it's a small red overlay that shows up in one of the corners of your DCS screen. The lower horizontal bar on that overlay represents the position of the Blackhawk's pedal. For takeoff and hover, you'll want it about 1/4 left of center; this screenshot is from the Blackhawk Instant Action Free Flight mission and a somewhat stable hover:

Screen_220118_02.jpg

If your Controls Indicator looks similar and your helicopter is still spinning, I'm officially out of ideas. 😉

In either case, if the problem persists, you should definitely upload a track: Do a quick flight that showcases your problem, hit ESC -> QUIT -> SAVE TRACK, and then upload this track here so we can all take a look and give you more specific advice. 👍

2 hours ago, ebabil said:

Can someone figure out ALT hold feature? Yellow notch on the left of the HSI goes up immediately as soon as I hit the button

Same here; I'm probably just doing it wrong, but I don't yet understand the logic behind that system, after reading and re-reading the section in the manual several times. Any pointers would be much appreciated! 🙂

Edited by Yurgon
Emphasis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Could somebody be so kind and explain to me, like I'm a moron, how to get the radios working from cold start. I'm obviously missing a switch. 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

Since radios don't work outside of easy commo right now, but other than that:

Radios are mostly identical to the UH-1's. Only exception is the UHF radio only works on the MAIN setting and not BOTH.

Screen_220118_160649.png

UHF knob turns to MAIN to get UHF on.

Screen_220118_160706.png

FM radio to TR, preset to 1-6 (doesn't support manual tuning yet). To the left of that radio is the other FM radio and the rightmost knob is set to TR to turn it on.

• Like 1

Once you've figured out how to turn the radios on, next you need to be sure to select the right radio with the ICS transmit switch. It's that panel just below the UHF radio. I'm not familiar enough with the mod to tell you which number coresponds with which radio. The little toggle switches allow you to monitor various radios while the rotary knob selects which one you are going to transmit on. 👍

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, NeedzWD40 said:

Since radios don't work outside of easy commo right now, but other than that:

Radios are mostly identical to the UH-1's. Only exception is the UHF radio only works on the MAIN setting and not BOTH.

UHF knob turns to MAIN to get UHF on.

FM radio to TR, preset to 1-6 (doesn't support manual tuning yet). To the left of that radio is the other FM radio and the rightmost knob is set to TR to turn it on.

Thanks for your reply
The manual says:

Enter the tanker frequency in the AN/ARC-164 radio (tanker frequency must be between 225 and 297MHz)
Contact the tanker using the Communication Menu, and refuel just as you would in a standard DCS aircraft

I can get it to work in the refueling mission. But not in the free flight mission. That's what is bugging me.
Manual tuning works fine, though Easy comms off is a little off and on. The command is "RAlt+\" mapped as PTT in the control settings.
(For VAICOM users, it totally works with Easy Comms, but has issues with Easy Comms off, just like the A-4E-C, but that was expected, since the modules, might share some parts of the code).

Anyway.
1. Turn on the battery
2. Turn on AN/ARC164 mode to "Main"
3. Tune AN/ARC164 to 261.000 for Senaki, (or preset 15, if the label is correct 🤷‍♂️)
4. Turn on relevant "Pilot ICP" switches.
5. Turn "Pilot ICP XMIT Selector" to 2 for UHF (even though the AAR mission has it set to Intercom, tried that as well)

No go, so it must be some simple step I miss. And like you say, it's very similar to the Huey, and I have no issues there. 😊

11 minutes ago, AG-51_Razor said:

Once you've figured out how to turn the radios on, next you need to be sure to select the right radio with the ICS transmit switch. It's that panel just below the UHF radio. I'm not familiar enough with the mod to tell you which number coresponds with which radio. The little toggle switches allow you to monitor various radios while the rotary knob selects which one you are going to transmit on. 👍

Already there, but thanks! 😊

Edited by MAXsenna
  • Thanks 1

Is it just me, but i feel it much easier to fly, taxi and takeoff without the FPS activated... just need to practice those landings 😄 perhaps i should activate FPS when landing...

I hope in future more key binds, has some of VirPil panels i want to use instead of the mouse 😉

But loves the Heli, and are hoping to see a AUSCAM skin on the bird too, since Australia now has opted for the BlackHawk 🙂

Edited by Bedouin

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

2 hours ago, Jetliner said:

Hoping for some missions or campaigns to give me a reason to get this bad boy installed!!!

It’s a mod, get it and open the box that says editor in DCS and all your dreams will come true. 

Edited by nickmow

Hi. Just tried UH60L a few minutes ago. 🙂

In my opinion, even its flight model is more promising than Gazelle. 😄 I know two birds are not comparable but just wanted to say that. 😄

Thanks all devs!

• Like 4

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Thinking of trying this out, but I'm kind of on the fence as I have a MSFFB2 stick and from what I've read it doesn't play nice with this setup. 

So anyone tried it with MSFFB2 and Pedals without springs? Does it behave in this setup and work in the way it should I.E. if I trim the cyclic does it hold that position?

Thanks for any answers. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

36 minutes ago, Lurker said:

So anyone tried it with MSFFB2 and Pedals without springs? Does it behave in this setup and work in the way it should

This is not a Paid Module ... being free, why you just dont download it and give it a try yourself on your own PC?  you would get an answer much sooner 🙂

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

55 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

This is not a Paid Module ... being free, why you just dont download it and give it a try yourself on your own PC?  you would get an answer much sooner 🙂

Effort. Time. Comes down to the same thing. As you should probably know, it takes a while setting up any module in DCS world, time which could be better spent just doing something else. Like flying another module. So instead of wasting some of my time downloading, installing this, and setting it up, then maybe giving up and deleting it because it's a mod and some things are wonky and need to be set up in a certain way, maybe someone can come along and help me out and maybe, just maybe give me a heads up on how to do it properly the first time round? (Or just telling me not to bother)

Edited by Lurker

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Does it behave in this setup and work in the way it should I.E. if I trim the cyclic does it hold that position?

According to several posts in the German part of the forum, the only trim method currently supported requires all sticks to be centered after trimming. A pilot there has an FFB stick and was a bit unhappy about this. But he likes the mod enough that he keeps flying it. 😉

Edit: He recommends SimFFB as a workaround:

Edited by Yurgon

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

Thinking of trying this out, but I'm kind of on the fence as I have a MSFFB2 stick and from what I've read it doesn't play nice with this setup. 

So anyone tried it with MSFFB2 and Pedals without springs? Does it behave in this setup and work in the way it should I.E. if I trim the cyclic does it hold that position?

Thanks for any answers. 

Yes to both. 

No issues with the pedals without springs. 

My FFB2 didn't like it initially, now their friends. Just don't trim a lot, or use the hat switch trimming. The magnetic brake, or whatever it is called in this one "doesn't work". So even if you hold the trimmer, you stille fight the FFB forces, and if you don't hold it, and then trim, it does a strange litt tug (sort of what I experienced in the Hind initially), and if the stick was way off centre, you have to fight to get it back under control. Reminds me a lot about the Gazelle. Just way more stable and less twitchy. "Feels" larger and heavier. 

That said, when you get used to it, should happen quickly, it is very stable. Extremely easy to hover. And is probably the easiest aircraft to AAR in DCS. 

I highly recommend it! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stockfisch said:

The mod looks awesome. But where is the crew? An empty helicopter flying around kills immersion for me.

I think they mentioned this on their discord page, they are working on it for future updates.  Be advised this is just an "alpha" release.

Well gents, here she is, the first flight in VR.  This mod far exceeded my expectations.  Like others have stated above, I have had some issues getting the radio to work using the "\" key.  I turn them on but do not get the comms menu.  I have also noticed the same issue in the AA refueling instant mission.  Using the default "\" key still does not bring up the comms menu.  The mission shown in my video below was a quick one I threw together on the Marianas map.  Not sure if I have messed up a trigger or some option in the mission editor that is causing the comms menu not to come up once I turn the radio on.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Really looking forward to future additions to this mod.  Outstanding! And DAMN, in VR, it does not get any better.  The immersion is spot on, especially when coming up to the carrier.  Had the "Final Destination" tune stuck in my head.  Hopefully one of these days we can do some fast roping missions.  I noticed the option for rope length in the editor.  Maybe rescue ops down the road?  Congrats to the team for one hell of a job on this mod! Before to long, we will have the Apache and Kiowa.  All we need now is the Cobra and Little Bird, then we have a modern day Gunship 2000.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'd rather not learn bad piloting habits, so it looks like this mod is a no-go for me at this time. Hopefully they get FFB to work properly at some point in the future, because it actually looks like a really well done mod otherwise. 

Firstly, love this mod, great job so far, can't wait for the updates as they come

Secondly, a couple of questions if I may;

1. On take off, I apply slight back pressure to the cyclic to try and avoid the rolling forward, is there an official way to stop the helicopter moving forward on take off

2. Is there a way to view the overhead and centre console panels square on. I use TrackIR, and I can only do it by rough off angle click of switches etc, it would be nice to know if I can just view the overhead or centre square on, i.e. directly from underneath for top, and directly from above for looking down at the centre console

3. Is the official way to slow down, cyclic back matched with collective reduction, to maintain altitude, and therefore increasing AOA. She just does not like to reduce speed for some reason. Maybe I am doing it wrong??

Thank you for the fantastic mod so far

Toni

ps. OK, that was three questions

Edited by Toni Carrera
  • Like 1

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors