DCS UH-60 Blackhawk mod

On 1/18/2022 at 4:21 PM, Devrim said:

...But, is there any official thread other than here? So we can follow the updates?...

1 hour ago, hotrod525 said:

The Mod Creator should make a dedicated post and update the first message with the most recent link and so on... would help a bit...

I agree. I said the same thing before but they said: follow the Discord channel. 😶😑🥲

• Like 2

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

14 hours ago, Brass2-1 said:

After installing 1.1, when I load the aircraft in a mission I have no cockpit; only gauges. The helo will also fall through the ground, unless I catch it with collective - from there it flies as expected, Just no cockpit visible. 

Ideas anyone?

Following up on this - my issue is that I had downloaded the main GitHub repository as opposed to the release zip. Fail on me. 

took me a while to find a valid/working discord invite for UH-60l channel. this one on helisimmer site worked
https://www.helisimmer.com/news/ul-60l-mod-dcs-out-early-access

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

On 1/24/2022 at 1:51 PM, Samek said:

I have tested this mod a bit more, and it is so much fun. 

Now I have noticed, that there is one strange thing going on with this Blackhawk.

1 Controls indicator thing shows Cyclic Pitch axis inverted (moves forward when pulled back)

2 With other helicopters when increasing speed and getting into transitional lift usually results in increase in altitude (this is also the case with UH-60L mod), but also increased pitch. That means, that cyclic position around which small cyclic adjustments are done in hover is- lets say- near the center of cyclic axis, but in cruise those adjustments happen a bit in front. It is opposite here. I have to move cyclic quiet a bit to the back, because helicopter pitch decreases (tries to fly nose down). I have no idea if this has anything to do with point 1, but  I made a simplified graph to explain it hopefully better (this is very simplified, for example usually cyclic would sit a bit more to the rear and left with US made helicopters while in hover, but you get the point):

cyclic.png

I am going to dig up old post I wrote.

I was looking at RL videos, and I found one with UH-60 (not Lima, probably Mike) that shows pitch increase is present when entering Transitional Lift phase. In Mod, helicopter pitch decreases (nose down), and you have to pull cyclic to counter it.

In RL video you can see the opposite- pilot applying cyclic forward (timestamp just before departure)

I also made a gif comparing both:

ezgif-7-224aa98ca3.gif

[sIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/21oydlx.jpg[/sIGPIC]

ヒューイ最高!o(≧∇≦o)

3 hours ago, rato65 said:

Does anyone know if 1.1 now allows any controlled sling load UNHOOK? (Can't download and check myself at the moment...)

nah not working yet

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

VID: MSI Nvidia RTX4070 12GB \ MON: Samsung ue49ks8000 49'', Lilliput 8'' x2

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

48 minutes ago, Raptor Two Four said:

Látom az UH-60L-t (1.1) a küldetésszerkesztőben, de a DCS nem tölti be a repülőgépet a játékban (sem kliensben, sem játékos Skillben) – tud valaki segíteni? (DCS ver.2.5.6 – Win7)

I think because of windows 7
i just tried it, it is perfect in both stable and beta (w10 64b)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Fellow Aviators,

Quick question - Are there any NVG's or any methods to fly at night in the UH-60L

Thanks, and thus-far, I am loving this mod, it is awesome. Hopefully good practice for when the AH-64D drops

Toodles 

Edited by Toni Carrera

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

36 minutes ago, Toni Carrera said:

Hi Fellow Aviators,

Quick question - Are there any NVG's or any methods to fly at night in the UH-60L

Thanks, and thus-far, I am loving this mod, it is awesome. Hopefully good practice for when the AH-64D

Toodles 

Yes, there are NOD's in the UH-60L Mod.  Below is a demo of me flying at night with them at towards the end of the flight.

I did not have time to do a video yet, but DAMN! V1.1 corrected some pretty good bugs.  Flight is much more stable now in FPS mode.  Takeoff is a lot better, not all the sway back and forth.  Landing is more stable and sounds effect are a lot better externally.  Really impressed with how fast this mod is progressing.  Really looking forward to more functionality with door gunners ect.... Planning on doing another VR video this week taking her for a spin around the Nevada map.  For the dev working this mod, keep up the outstanding work.  You have a lot of really happy sim enthusiast right now.  All we need is the Cobra and little bird along with Polychops Kiowa and we will have a modern day Gunship 2000 now (excluding the Comanche of course).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Devil 505 said:

I did not have time to do a video yet, but DAMN! V1.1 corrected some pretty good bugs.  Flight is much more stable now in FPS mode.  Takeoff is a lot better, not all the sway back and forth.  Landing is more stable and sounds effect are a lot better externally.  Really impressed with how fast this mod is progressing.  Really looking forward to more functionality with door gunners ect.... Planning on doing another VR video this week taking her for a spin around the Nevada map.  For the dev working this mod, keep up the outstanding work.  You have a lot of really happy sim enthusiast right now.  All we need is the Cobra and little bird along with Polychops Kiowa and we will have a modern day Gunship 2000 now (excluding the Comanche of course).

Gunners unfortunately won't happen since it's hard-coded in the games SDK and the devs have no access to it. Still praying, that ED somehow notices this project and it becomes an official third party module. I would for sure pay for it 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

On 1/23/2022 at 11:25 PM, shagrat said:

I wasn't addressing the community, just pointing out, that it is a bit strange to emphasize the value of your personal time while asking others to invest their time in doing a review for you...

Especially, as the UH-60L comes with one of the best install guides and manuals, I've seen for a community mod.

So why you won't just read the manuals 2 pages on the install and setup of the 4-axis (cyclic, pedals, collective), everything else is clickable in cockpit.

Just my 2 cents.

No, you were addressing me specifically. I was NOT asking for a review, I was just asking a simple question, and received a simple and helpful answer. Someone asked me why I didn't install the module to check it out personally, and I answered that question honestly and for some reason you didn't like my answer and had to ride in on your high horse and belittle me on this very public forum. That was rude, but instead of apologizing you are once again belittling me for engaging with people on this forum, instead of reading a manual. I don't think that's very fair. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

I try to explain as easy as possible how to get into a hover from ground and in ground effect. It is not super deep, as simplicity was the focus here.
Sorry for one or two outtakes from my mic. Will have to replace that it looks like 😞
Enjoy!

Training mission download:
UH-60L Version:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/3320304/

Hind Version:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/3317189/

• Like 2

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Lurker:

No, you were addressing me specifically. 

Well, that's exactly what I wrote: "I wasn't addressing the community..."

I was pointing out to you, that it came across, like you value other people's time as "less valuable" than your own time, as you "could not be bothered". I pointed out that other people may like to spend their time on actual flying themselves... As I found that "attitude" a bit "rude".

No need to apologize, but you may not be surprised if others won't "bother themselves". 

The intent was not any personal insult,but pointing at the double standard... Or did I completely misinterpret, what you said, initially?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Information:

I translated the UH-60L Guide into French as PDF format, not being a discord fan, I don't know where to upload it.

I posted the info on discord, but no answer on the availability...

See my next post

Edited by Tanuki44
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tanuki44 said:

Information:

I translated the UH-60L Guide into French as PDF format, not being a discord fan, I don't know where to upload it.

I posted the info on discord, but no answer on the availability...

Do you have Dropbox or Google drive ?

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG