DCS UH-60 Blackhawk mod

Great mod (version 1.1) 

But I feel disconnected at times, it is very hard to explain but I'll try. 

Most of it might be my skill level, so feel free to educate 🙂 

1. Compared to the ka-50, it seems the ka-50 has some more bite or heaviness to it. (audio cue to me is a big factor, because we don't have feel). 

2. Seeing videos of people flying,  It might be me but I throw the ka-50 around but I am tip toeing the Black Hawk..

3. Have a bit of deadzone on control axis due to age of my warthog (5). I t is to take out the play around worn center. 

But as a free module, really nice work and cudos all around. Love learning it 🙂

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome mod, thanks to everyone who contributed to this bird, and thank you for sharing it with the community!

Edited by rwbishUP

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

Is it me or are the pedals facing the wrong direction?  I do love the mod though.........

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

nazradu31/01/2022

There are two control Indicator bindings in my settings. Control Indicator and UH-60L Control Indicator. I erased the first did rebind the second and now it works

I can confirm that deleting the entry in the first binding, that's works.

Edited by Tanuki44

I´ve noticed that in the new version 1.1 The green and blue indicators showed in the indicators control panel does not exist anymore.

Am I doing something wrong or just disapeared?.

Great Mod by the way. Very fun, a bit tricky to  stop the beast but fun.

Also In the special tab on the main menu, what is for "unsprung cyclic mode" and must be enabled or disabled?

• Like 2

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

If is this what i am thinking, then they might have solved the trim re-center problem which is a great milestone

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Does anyone know how they got the MANUAL option to appear in the main menu? I'd love to have this in the upcoming apache module, to have quick commands and references available in the game, instead of having to takeoff the VRT and read off the tablet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2022/2/2 PM10点57分,Tanuki44说:

Information:

I translated the UH-60L Guide into French as PDF format, not being a discord fan, I don't know where to upload it.

I posted the info on discord, but no answer on the availability...

you can upload right this forums.

AMD 5800X | RTX 3080TI OC Edition | 64GB DDR4 3600 | 2TB nvme

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | WINWING F16 HOTAS ORION | Saitek Combat Pedals

A-10C II | A/V-8B NA | UH-1H | AH-64D Longbow | F/A-18C | F-16C

Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Nevada | Combined Arms

Just installed this mod and figuring my way around it. Great mod by the way.

Is it just me, or has it a tendency of tipping left/right as you land? I feel I have to be super careful as I go down. As soon as the backwheel touches, the helicopter easily starts to tipp and can quickly clip my rotorblades.

I have been able to land without doing it. It was just a behaviour I noticed. As I could come to almost complete stop. Hover, and then start descend. And then suddenly I`m tipping over 😁

Any tips for minimising this behaviour?

Cheers

4 hours ago, TZeer said:

Is it just me, or has it a tendency of tipping left/right as you land? 

According to RL pilots it is realistic. One of reasons you see pilots landing this helicopter with a little bit of forward speed because it helps preventing it from tipping over (I am not talking about rolling landings on hard airfields). EDIT: tip from me (not a real pilot)- after your tail wheel touches down be very gentle with your collective and cyclic. Don't just pull down collective like you would with other helicopters after you make contact with ground, but think about it as two stage thing. 1 tail wheel 2 main wheels.

Edited by PeroperoDokkiri
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/21oydlx.jpg[/sIGPIC]

ヒューイ最高!o(≧∇≦o)

On 1/16/2022 at 10:23 AM, Dangerzone said:

Love this mod. So grateful for those who have put the time and effort in. I know this will continue to be developed. My only hope is that one day this will be made into an official module to buy. I'd buy it to support the team in a heart beat, and would be great to have this as part of the core game - fully integrated.

Didn't even try it (I don't like mods) but it looks outstanding.  I will preorder it, if this thing will turn to a full fidelity module

As I did for the Huey, a small modification of the controls indicator :

Position, transparency and size reduction.

Screen_220209_112237.png

just change this file 

lines 34 to 37, possibility to change the location

--base.init_pos       = {(-1*aspect + 1.5*size),(1 - 1.3*size)}           -- Left Top
--base.init_pos       = {0,-(0.99 - 1.3*size)}                                      -- Center Bottom
--base.init_pos       = {(-1*aspect + 1.5*size),-(0.99 - 1.3*size)}    -- Left Bottom
base.init_pos       = {(aspect - size),-(0.99 - 1.3*size)}                    -- Right Bottom

ControlsIndicator_page.lua

Edited by Tanuki44
  • Like 5