"Command disabled for this session and was not executed"

MAXsenna

I explained this above. I was in a mission with a wingman. I tried to talk to him via TX2 or TX4. What I said was understood but not executed as it says there is no flight recipient. Tried in a different mission. Same thing.

Then I tried calling ATC by manually dialing to its frequency and pressed TX1 VHF AM. Again it says no ATC recipient. But using \ and F keys that ATC replies immediately. Again, I tried different ATCs. Same thing.

So it says no flight or ATC recipients though they are there.

I explained this above. I was in a mission with a wingman. I tried to talk to him via TX2 or TX4. What I said was understood but not executed as it says there is no flight recipient. Tried in a different mission. Same thing.

Then I tried calling ATC by manually dialing to its frequency and pressed TX1 VHF AM. Again it says no ATC recipient. But using \ and F keys that ATC replies immediately. Again, I tried different ATCs. Same thing.

So it says no flight or ATC recipients though they are there.

Okay, I missed that post.
You solved the hotmic thing, I keep it on for pure VA commands, but that's me.
TX4 I never use, in the A-10s I use TX1-3&5, as that is correct for those modules.
I always use the select/instant select command and I don't have your issues, but I think VAICOM doesn't understand who you want to contact. VAICOM doesn't use the radio menu/keypresses, so when manually using the radio menu it just works differently. Shouldn't be an issue, but are you using easy comms?
I'm not on my computer, but I'd love to see screen shots of your VAICOM settings, and the VA log and what commands you use.
And if it doesn't show the module, it will not work, but the radio menu will....

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

First of all, Max thanks for your help. Are you the official or unofficial support for vaicom? 

I emailed vaicom a few times never got reply.

I have easy comms on. But that does not really matter. I manually selected the frequency, with or without easy comms.

See the screenshots. It recognized what I said, and even showed the relevant commands in TX1 or TX2. But both say no recipients, whether flight or ATC.

I'm sure others have had this error before too.

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

Hi, I'm just a user of VAICOM.

I have seen that behaviour before, but right now, I don't remember the fix. Do you have sound cues enabled? You should get an "error" beep when the selection is negative/not available.
Good news is that it seems the "disabled" issue is gone and you don't have the "listening suspended" issue.
Can you post your settings? Do you have the kneeboard extension?
What module/mission are you testing?
Is the problem with VAICOM recognising the module solved?

If it is not showing the module that normally means it is looking in the wrong place for DCS. Please could start VoiceAttack, open Vaicom config, turn on Debug on the Config tab, restart VA and then post the Vaicom logfile here (this will be found in the <voiceattack install dir>\apps\VAICOMPRO\logs folder.

Please could you also post a screenshot of the Vaicom Config and MP tabs

Like Max I am just a user, but between us and others on the forum we can normally sort issues

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Guys thanks for your offer to help.

I have no kneeboard extension.

My MP tab is all blank.

I tried two things last night.

1. Remove the export.lua file

2. Put custom DCS path as D:\DCS World instead of leaving it blank.

Neither worked. I made the change one at a time and tried each one. Really frustrating.

Then today I turned on debugging and tried to capture the error. But the stupid no flight or ATC recipient errors went away!

Both are being recognized!

But the vaicom app crashed a few times within a minute. No biggy. Restarted it and as long as it can continue to recognize and execute my commands I'm a happy camper.

I don't know what I did that made it work. 

If anything else changes I'd let you guys know.

Thanks again.

Capture11.PNG

Capture10.PNG

Capture13.PNG

Capture12.PNG

Guys thanks for your offer to help.
I have no kneeboard extension.
My MP tab is all blank.

I tried two things last night.
1. Remove the export.lua file
2. Put custom DCS path as D:\DCS World instead of leaving it blank.
Neither worked. I made the change one at a time and tried each one. Really frustrating.

Then today I turned on debugging and tried to capture the error. But the stupid no flight or ATC recipient errors went away!
Both are being recognized!
But the vaicom app crashed a few times within a minute. No biggy. Restarted it and as long as it can continue to recognize and execute my commands I'm a happy camper.
I don't know what I did that made it work. 
If anything else changes I'd let you guys know.
Thanks again.

Hi! Awesome that it was solved and you got it working.
I read through the correspondence, and you mention once that the VAICOM control panel doesn't show the current module. I have repeatedly asked you if you still had that problem, and I write that it will NEVER work if it doesn't show which module your in. Unless I missed it you never answer or comment on that, and now that you seem to have recreated the export.lua, and it works, my guess is that was part of the problem.
Now I did also read through the whole thread including the answers from@Hollywood_315, and I think you actually had multiple issues.
First of all your export.lua/settings were bad. Also the rel/hot was enabled, and that actually triggered the issue in the OP, because it seems that error went away when you disabled rel/hot and kept the TX pressed longer, and then you had no recipients...
Well, now it's really easy to see why we ask for logs and screenshots, 'cause it's literally easier to help and spot an the problem.
Anyway, I think I got a little wiser regarding my problem in the OP, and will test some more. I had really given up on this as I do have fix of sorts.

One final thing. You might want to check import new modules and theaters in you're settings.
Cheers!

Max, sorry I missed the part about showing the current module. It did not show and I was wondering why. When it started working it still did not show initially. Then yesterday it started to show the module that I was flying.
If I ever have issues again, I’d turn on debugging logs first.
Thanks again.
No problem! Just happy you got it working.
Before one had to mess with the export.lua all the time. I guess it has to with that VAICOM files are now "protected and valid" files on the core directory. Because before a repair would remove them, but it doesn't anymore.
So before my procedure would be close VA, and delete export.lua, update DCS, repair DCS, start VA, close VA, delete export.lua again, and restore from working copy, start VA and finally start DCS.
Current procedure now is close DCS, close VA, update DCS, start VA and finally start DCS. If I somehow forget the correct order, I just close again, and start VA before DCS. If something fails, close down, repair, start VA and start DCS. Works every time, and I use Skatezilla's launcher.

• 1 month later...
Hello, yesterday it worked perfectly but today it is impossible, I get the same error message continuously.Is there any way to fix it?I have tried to do the same as you indicate but doesnt work

eee.thumb.JPG.f965e5c8853074fcb285cfac2d789e6f.JPG
ddd.thumb.JPG.e8643a1b1cb07b6f6f895a3cace72675.JPG
ccc.thumb.JPG.90e4a2d2de95e389af863e051f4e5f10.JPG
bbb.thumb.JPG.2192c6e399b6720f7861ee53ac60a591.JPG

Well, "aaa" is not a command by itself.
But whenever I get the "command disabled", I downgrade to 2.5.24, and everything is back to normal. What worries me is that the next update will have support for the Hind which 2.5.24 doesn't.
Cheers!

Hello, effectively reverting to the previous version of the program has worked again, but the behavior is erratic, from time to time it hangs and does not respond and I have to restart everything.
I have reinstalled the last version and it worked for a few minutes, then it gave the same error message again. Hopefully they will solve it with the new version and more if it will have commands for Petrovih in the Hind.
Thanks, again.Sorry by my poor English
  • Like 1

Hello, effectively reverting to the previous version of the program has worked again, but the behavior is erratic, from time to time it hangs and does not respond and I have to restart everything.I have reinstalled the last version and it worked for a few minutes, then it gave the same error message again. Hopefully they will solve it with the new version and more if it will have commands for Petrovih in the Hind.Thanks, again.Sorry by my poor English

Do you mean that VoiceAttack crashes?
If yes, try the VAICOM tray app. It will restart VoiceAttack.
You find the exe in VoiceAttack Apps VAICOM folder.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey All, Just finished a Discord session with MAXsenna as I was having a problem with the VAICOM REL/HOT button not working as it should. Turning on, my VoiceAttack profile commands worked fine but VA/VAICOM would not respond to any PTT/TX presses. Always got the “Command XXX is currently disabled for this session and will not be executed” 

Kudos to MAX for working this through with me and we found the only solution is to go back to version 2.5.24

I had previously used the VA option to “Override listening if my spoken command begins with” and inserted a random word to begin all VA commands. Everything worked fine with that option. When I de-selected that option and went to REL/HOT, is when things stopped working on the PTT side.

Hope this helps and thanks again, MAX

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, greyeagle787 said:

Hey Max, been away for a while and will be a time before I’m flying again but…So the latest versions fixed the problem we worked on last year, is that right? Hope all is well with you!

It got broken again for me in 2.5.26. 4, but it seems an even newer version of VAICOM has been released. Haven't tested it yet. 

On 2/25/2022 at 5:12 AM, greyeagle787 said:

wish they could figure this out, so we’ll just keep checking, Thanks!

Yeah, me too! 

And thanks BTW. 😊 All is well with me. You too I hope. Haven't been able to fly for a month now. Being Norwegian the Winter Games took precedence, and had some work to catch up after that.

Cheers! 

FYI, I just tested the new version and the same story. So I have reverted to the .24 version again. Can’t believe more folks don’t have this issue and I worry that when VaiCom updates with the new Apache, I won’t be able to use it. Wonder if there is something wrong with my installation? But if that was the case, version .24 wouldn’t work correctly. Too bad I got no help from VaiCom, but they said they could not duplicate the issue.

• Like 1

Hello All again, In my continuing effort to see what the deal is with this issue, I did some experimenting. Reinstalled version .27 and found that when I held the PTT switch a fraction of a second longer so that I heard the confirmation beep, then released, all worked as it should. Normal response from ATC and no “Command Disabled” message. A little bit odd and different to hold PTT a bit longer but I got used to it pretty quick. let me know thoughts and any input on this. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I'm now confronted with the same issue, with the 2.8.0 community fix. Also, your tip with holding the PTT button until the confirmation beep can be heard seems to work. I tested it only now, 5 minutes ago "dry" (=without DCS running), but VA acknowledges and executes the command, and the dreaded "is currently disabled for this session and was not executed" disappeared.

Still, would be nice if the awesome volunteer group could maybe look into the issue?