2.7 VR crashes everytime

Pinefang
Go to solution Solved by Pinefang,

2.7 VR Crashes everytime I try and load it. It loads to a screen that says "Mission Load Done" It used to play without any issues and now the sim just frezes. Below is the DCS.log with the Autoexec.cfg added. I hope someone sees something that will fix this issue cause for now I have a useless machine and game.

dcs.log

There is nothing obvious in the log and I know there is nothing fundamental with the F-18 and Oculus, because I fly it using a Rift S.

Please could you post your machine specs and a dxdiag log for us to investigate further. I know you have a good amount of RAM.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

PC Specs are:

i7 - 10700K @3.80Hz

64GB Ram

Win 10 Pro 64bit

EVGA GEFORCE 1080TI

Loaded on 500GB SSD

It has been working great without any problems for over a year. Then I tried deleting the FXO and Shaders files but I did it in the wrong place and that's when the issue started. Now it will not load in VR. Works fine otherwise. once in awhile it will load in VR but it is usually when I'm trying different things and all of a sudden it will work but not for long. It never quits mid game, it usually works fine as long as I'm playing until the next time that I want to load it to play then it freezes at the the screen that says Mission Load Done. Then it just freezes. I have reloaded it twice and completely deleted the prior loads with no success. Someone please help, this sucks!

DxDiag.txt dcs.log

dcs.20210618-212527.crash dcs.20210619-075326.crash

Edited by Pinefang
Added two crash files

When you said you did the delete of the shader files in the wrong place where was that?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

21 hours ago, Flappie said:

Are you using WMR beta program? If so try to opt out of it.

No, Don't even know what WMR is.

7 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

When you said you did the delete of the shader files in the wrong place where was that?

I deleted them from the main program and not the Saved Games folder like I should have. But since then I have deleted and reloaded the program without any success.

• Solution

New discovery! So someone mentioned the ASUS GPU 2 tweak. Simple little program that aligns everything to Game mode. I have no issues since trying out this program. I highly suggest that if your Sim is crashing during loading give this little program a try. The GPU2 tweak does not interfere with the program, it seems to only set the sim up to load in the best mode for the program. I'm marking this issue solved at this point since I have now successfully launched the game at least 8 times now without issue. Thanks all for your comments.