Single PTT Switch not Working while Multi do

CrossWiseRanger

Vaicom works with Multi PTT on A-10C.  Running 2.7 stable.

It is not working on single PTT aircraft.  Specifically in my case:  UH-1h, Spitfire, and P-51.

The LCD displays all info correctly.  Easy comm on / off no difference.  MAP single / norm no difference.

Observed, that when PTT initiated, "Listening Resumed" logs followed immediately by "Listening Suspended" in VA.  The Vaicom PTT page shows the "TX1" illuminate, immediately goes off, and "RLY" illuminates until release the PTT.

Have only flown single player.  Never used the chat.  Any solutions?

Edited by CrossWiseRanger

VR with Oculus Rift preferred flying method.

Vaicom works with Multi PTT on A-10C.  Running 2.7 stable.

It is not working on single PTT aircraft.  Specifically in my case:  UH-1h, Spitfire, and P-51.

The LCD displays all info correctly.  Easy comm on / off no difference.  MAP single / norm no difference.

Observed, that when PTT initiated, "Listening Resumed" logs followed immediately by "Listening Suspended" in VA.  The Vaicom PTT page shows the "TX1" illuminate, immediately goes off, and "RLY" illuminates until release the PTT.

Have only flown single player.  Never used the chat.  Any solutions?
I think we need to understand more about the configurations of people who have an issue and those who don't. Mine seems fine - I checked the Spitfire earlier and it was an instant response.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I'm having similar issues.  The listening resumed/suspended log seems to happen so quick that no voice input is recognized.  I've tried some of the other fixes but all was well prior to the latest update.  Any word from the devs on this because for someone that relies on VA to play, this is kinda a game killer... 

Update by OP.

Tried MP settings suggested by Hollyood_315.  No Joy.

Using Caucasus map only.  A-10 no issues whether ground or air.  TX1 & TX2 work with ATC.  Logs correctly.  PTT indicator correct.

UH-1, P-51, & Spit on ground; original problem.  Can communicate with F Menu.  In air, F Menu not functional.

My ground missions show the airport in briefing window.  My air start missions do not have any AB listed in briefing window.

Also tried communicating with wingmen in Spitfire in flight.  No joy.

Did note that while I say and have Kutaisi logged as recognized; the message out to ATC logs [Air Traffic Controller].

For those who have radio comms working - what do you see that is different from how you are running?

VR with Oculus Rift preferred flying method.

Update by OP.

Tried MP settings suggested by Hollyood_315.  No Joy.

Using Caucasus map only.  A-10 no issues whether ground or air.  TX1 & TX2 work with ATC.  Logs correctly.  PTT indicator correct.

UH-1, P-51, & Spit on ground; original problem.  Can communicate with F Menu.  In air, F Menu not functional.

My ground missions show the airport in briefing window.  My air start missions do not have any AB listed in briefing window.

Also tried communicating with wingmen in Spitfire in flight.  No joy.

Did note that while I say and have Kutaisi logged as recognized; the message out to ATC logs [Air Traffic Controller].

For those who have radio comms working - what do you see that is different from how you are running?
Yesterday was just a very quick test flight because I had other stuff to do. Will hopefully have longer this evening to try some more in-depth tests.

If people get a chance in the meantime it would be helpful to post your Vaicom configs (and logs) here - it will help us see if there are any common settings.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I'm having similar issues.  The listening resumed/suspended log seems to happen so quick that no voice input is recognized.  I've tried some of the other fixes but all was well prior to the latest update.  Any word from the devs on this because for someone that relies on VA to play, this is kinda a game killer... 

For devs read@Hollywood_315. He has provided some possible things to try in other threads but it works fine for him so we will need to work why some work and others don't.

I have been chatting with@MAXsenna and he may have an answer to the problems he was experiencing. Give us a little time and we will hopefully get everyone sorted

Okay, I have "solved" my issues. I think what happened to me was that on the previous versions I could change settings on the fly. Now it seems I have to restart both VA and DCS.
On the cell right now, so can't send a screenshot, but on the MP I have basically set "use in multiplayer, parallel and MP only".
Turn off DCS, restart VA and start DCS. That got ridden of the "listening suspended" messages, and the basic voice commands work fine. But it introduced an old issue with the Kneeboard pages with the pages and show commands not working even when recognized, and regognition has gotten worse as well. And half the time the "Command disabled..." error shows up. To solve that message, I have to go to the PTT tab and click the Hot light and it will work for a few commands, then show the error again. Rince and repeat.
I will do some more testing to see if I can repeatedly reproduce in the three latest VAICOM versions.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk