Kuznetsov actual 2017 paint scheme

mmarques

I know everyone likes to bash on the Kuznetsov on how old she is (not really all that old comparing to some US carriers) and badly maintained, smoke and all that but I would like to see the livery for the Kuznetsov to be reworked to be a little more accurate to what it really was during 2017:

What we currently have ingame, in 2014, showing some maintenance issues, old paint and such:

A Look At The Admiral Kuznetsov, Russia's Only Aircraft Carrier And  Floating Garbage Pile - Task & Purpose

She was repainted in 2016 with a lighter color, probably to look good on her cruise down to syria, this gave her a much better look, note that the color of the hull and island is the same, the island was a darker shade before the repaint:

image.png

While transiting the channel 22nd October 2016, on her way to Syria:

Russian ship cruising through Channel is so close it can be seen from The  White Cliffs of Dover - Irish Mirror Online

Off the coast of Syria early 2017:

Admiral Kuznetsov aircraft carrier's experience in Syria included in  training programs - Military & Defense - TASS

And this is what we should have, note that her funnel was painted black during the deployment, on her way back from Syria:

1608640268_17-0128c.jpg

A very good video showcasing the ship on her deployment to Syria:

As we can see, she actually looks like she's in good shape, not old and decrepit as she seems to be ingame, would be awesome if one of the artists could take this up and touch her up a little.

Also, if not asking too much, if we could get a nice two tone Ka-27 as shown in the video, would be fantastic!

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 9:05 PM, mmarques said:

I know everyone likes to bash on the Kuznetsov on how old she is (not really all that old comparing to some US carriers) and badly maintained, smoke and all that but I would like to see the livery for the Kuznetsov to be reworked to be a little more accurate to what it really was during 2017:

What we currently have ingame, in 2014, showing some maintenance issues, old paint and such:

She was repainted in 2016 with a lighter color, probably to look good on her cruise down to syria, this gave her a much better look, note that the color of the hull and island is the same, the island was a darker shade before the repaint:

Its true that the ship recieved a new lighter color scheme(it was also applied to the Pyotr Velikiy and Admiral Ushakov), but the hull and superstructure have always had the same color - don't know why you think it was different(?). I personally much prefer the old dark color scheme:

Kuznetsov.jpg

.... but I guess thats a matter of taste :)

It is possible that it was simply degradation on the hull vs keeping the tower clean but it did have a slightly diferent color for a time:

Defective aircraft carriers and attempts to replace them. UDC, Izumo and  Queen Elizabeth

Still, that is besides the point, this was not 2017 and perhaps just give us the option of choosing which we like best to use?

2 hours ago, mmarques said:

It is possible that it was simply degradation on the hull vs keeping the tower clean but it did have a slightly diferent color for a time:

Defective aircraft carriers and attempts to replace them. UDC, Izumo and  Queen Elizabeth

Heh yeah, but in that photo, the paint is about to come off and almost looks as if someone had put paint stripper on it 🙂 . Here is another photo(from the same occassion I believe), where you can see it a little closer up:

kuz_spain.jpg

...so yes I think its just the conditon of the paint - and the hull is obviously more exposed to the elements than the superstructure 🙂 . Mind you, the dark grey scheme is interesting in that it is highly reflective of the surrounding environment, so depending on lighting conditons/angles it may appear quite light grey, sometimes with a blueish impression and sometimes almost black.

Still, that is besides the point, this was not 2017 and perhaps just give us the option of choosing which we like best to use?

Yeah why not - it already exists for aircraft and IIRC its also possible to assign different schemes to vehicles, so I guess it should be doable for ships as well.

Although, to be nitpicky, there are actually also a few differences concerning antennas/domes introduced around the time it got the new paint scheme. 

Edited by Seaeagle

• 2 months later...