Length time to open DCS World Open Beta

rglmsgt

How long does it nomally take to open the "DCS World Open Beta" on your computer

Before, a couple of months ago,  when I clicked the ICON DCS World Open Beta, program opened in about 15 to 20 seconds no it takes 43 secounds, is that about right with all the changes or should it be less, 

11 hours ago, rglmsgt said:

I thank you for that answer, but I still think its alittle long, no big deal but I would like to know average time it takes people, thanks again

I never really measured it, but (since OB 2.7) from the moment I double click the DCS icon, it takes well over one minute (I'd estimate closer to two minutes) before DCS is loaded. Once up and running loading times are back to normal. I usually just visit the forum to kill time when it loads 😛 

Fwiw, this is in VR and yes, I have an SSD

(rest of my pc specs in my signature)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

If you don't have high end PC Rift S will fit. Top end is Reverb G2 I beleive. You might want to consider wireless freedom of Quest 2.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

On 6/18/2021 at 12:05 AM, draconus said:

If you don't have high end PC Rift S will fit. Top end is Reverb G2 I beleive. You might want to consider wireless freedom of Quest 2.

Or, if costs are a limiting factor, get a cheap 2nd hand Reverb G1

Resolution and field of view wise, it's identical to the newer G2.

(Make sure to get version 2 of the G1 though)

This is however quite off-topic...

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH