A-G radar EXP3 and aircraft movement issues

Rissala

You introduce an interesting point, however, I found that I experience misses, unless I change the format.

I am away from my computer now for a few days, but I will test then what coordinates are returned when designating a target first and then choosing precise and what the values will be for the same point when activating the precise option first.

35 minutes ago, Cepheus76 said:

When I want to target JDAMs and the like with the radar, I make sure that I activate the "precise" option for coordinates and also change the coordinates format to seconds and decimal seconds before using the radar. I then just drive the cursor in EXP3 over my target, designate with the SCS and get on the proper heading to drop. Actually, I configure the coordinates the same way when using the pod for targeting. 

Once I figured the above steps out I didn't experience that many misses with free fall ordnance (and JSOWs)

Regards,

Cepheus76

The above describes entering into FTT. This works fine currently because the radar map coordinates are not used for this.

The problem is with INS designations. FTT is only feasible on isolated ground targets.

2 hours ago, LastRifleRound said:

The above describes entering into FTT. This works fine currently because the radar map coordinates are not used for this.

The problem is with INS designations. FTT is only feasible on isolated ground targets.

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying where the issue is.

• 2 weeks later...

I discovered an interesting issue with using the Air-to-Ground Radar on Persian Gulf, in both the Hornet and the Viper.

If you designate a target using MAP mode, the target designator diamond is offset significantly from the designated point. Interestingly, if you use it as your bomb aim point, your bombs hit the target. Conversely, it seems that selecting AGR and putting the diamond over the target will result in a miss.

This issue appears to only affect the Persian Gulf map. I could not replicate it on Marianas, Caucasus, or Syria.

See below screenshots and attached trackfile. In this example, I designate a C-130 parked on the ramp at Al Dhafra, then switch to FTT. When I roll in to attack, the TD diamond is completely off the ramp. I make my AUTO attack run on the diamond and score hits on the intended target.

Screen_211114_164455.pngScreen_211114_164535.png

TDIssueAlDhafra.trk

• Like 1

I sort of gave up on DCS version of Hornet's radar (ground and A/A) but after a while I decided to check it again, motivated by wishful thinking...

In this test I wanted to see if designating on a frozen EXP3 image was possible. Well, it is. I was able to slew over the new target but after releasing TDC, the designation 'cross' did not move to the new target. The FLIR snapped to it or... very close to it and I was able to refine and launch a JSOW.  The FRZ function is still linked to active radar somehow. After passing the target the radar switched to EXP1 away from the area. Speaking of EXP1... when flying around with the radar scan offset to either side, the image didn't really look that bad. I had to play with contrast a little.

https://youtu.be/5qgzmi8e_Xs

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • ED Team
28 minutes ago, Solo_Turk said:

I wonder when we will see A/G radar on hornet is fixed while f16 radar is much more stable and predictable..

we have some EXP issues reported for tweaking. 

If you have something specific in mind please make a forum post with a track replay and any evidence 

this particular thread has dragged on over the years and we really need to see new reports if you still think there are problems. 

I will close this one for now

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2