Headset/mics

Tuskee

You are likely to get as many different answers as you are responses. Maybe refine your question a bit? What would work best for you, an analog headset (plug into audio jacks on your PC/interface), a digital (USB) headset, a pair of headphones and a separate mic (and again, analog or digital)? 

dcs_sig.jpg

1 hour ago, Harzach said:

You are likely to get as many different answers as you are responses. Maybe refine your question a bit? What would work best for you, an analog headset (plug into audio jacks on your PC/interface), a digital (USB) headset, a pair of headphones and a separate mic (and again, analog or digital)? 

I have no idea about the current products/tech. I lost almost 15 years do to injuries.... I run my computer thru my stereo so would a mic work or be over powered? Blue tooth I believe. Thank you.

Latency and bandwidth make Bluetooth a nonstarter for gaming. Maybe not so terrible for flight simming, but it really depends on the headset and BT controller - latency can get as high as half a second and audio quality will never be "good."

USB wireless headsets exhibit far better performance than Bluetooth. They seem to be very popular with gamers and simmers, so that would be an option.

For best quality and fewest issues, my choice would be (and is) wired.

dcs_sig.jpg