Swapping seats in MP

jmijnen

General question I asked about on the Mi-8 forums too, but I really hope we will be able to swap between front and rear seats on Multiplayer servers while flying without a human co-pilot so we can manipulate mission essential controls in both cockpits. Can anyone confirm whether this will be possible?

Edit: The original topic is here: 

If you open it you will find out exactly why the inability to swap between seats will be an issue to those who desire to manipulate mission critical controls. I know the issue has already been flagged as non-intended behavior, but an update on whether this issue is rectified in the Hind will go a long way. Thanks in advance!

Edited by jmijnen
  • Like 4

Modules: too many

System: I7-7700K, GTX 2080 Super, 64GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, 3TB HDD.

FWIW - If they follow in the Huey's steps then when setting up the mission it can be setup as a multicrew or singlecrew helicopter which changes what you can and can't do:

With the Huey:

Singlecrew - allows the pilot to change seats and vacant seats are filled in by AI.

Multicrew - main pilot is fixed and cannot change seat. Additional crew can freely move about from one seat to another.

This is unfortunately with the Huey - considering half the time the AI will not engage guns, as I used to swap from Pilot to CoPilot seat to fly and gun with the sights at the same time as a workaround, but this was removed once multicrew came in for situations where multicrew is available. 

I'm hoping they do it a little different with the Hind, but unless I hear otherwise, my expectations (guess) will be that it will be similar to the Huey - with the same restrictions.

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 1

I had the same thing happen today, it's up to the guys running the server to let us swap positions, they can lock it out so only 2 people doing multiplayer can crew the acft.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Was just on 104th (been ages since I went there). They had it set so you couldn't hop seats and also disabled petrovich. Needless to say, having only guns and rockets functional as a result wasn't terribly effective.

• Like 1

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

4 hours ago, bogusheadbox said:

I agree.  There is no option like the UH1H where you can choose solo.  Not as far as i can see.  I too would love to know how i can change seats in multiplayer.

It depends on the mission designer. When setting up the huey there is an option called SOLO FLIGHT under the "..." tab.

Ticking this option makes that slot work as it used to (you can swap seats as pilot in command) - however no one else can spawn in.

For instances where you don't have a player (yet) but want to leave it open for a player to join later - there's no choice but to have multi-crew enabled and hope that the UH-1's AI is actually going to end up shooting when needed. There is no way of changing seats as PIC when the slot is NOT "Solo Flight" - however any additional crew that join can switch between any empty slots after joining using 2,3 and 4.

I have no idea if swapping seats is permitted in the Hind if you're the only player but it's configured for multi-crew and I'm very keen to hear!

1 hour ago, Dangerzone said:

It depends on the mission designer. When setting up the huey there is an option called SOLO FLIGHT under the "..." tab.

Ticking this option makes that slot work as it used to (you can swap seats as pilot in command) - however no one else can spawn in.

For instances where you don't have a player (yet) but want to leave it open for a player to join later - there's no choice but to have multi-crew enabled and hope that the UH-1's AI is actually going to end up shooting when needed. There is no way of changing seats as PIC when the slot is NOT "Solo Flight" - however any additional crew that join can switch between any empty slots after joining using 2,3 and 4.

I have no idea if swapping seats is permitted in the Hind if you're the only player but it's configured for multi-crew and I'm very keen to hear!

The "Solo Flight" option is not present in the editor for the Hind, so the only option in MP for the Hind is multicrew with swapping seats locked out. Pilot stays pilot and can only order copilot-Petrovich to do stuff when he's in pilot seat, and copilot seat are only available on aircraft which already have a player as pilot

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Who knows .... Technical limitations, maybe? Not yet implemented in this stage of early access?

• Like 1

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

I did notice I could have it target kind of like the HMS in the Ka-50 (select a point on ground and it tracks that) but that's pretty inaccurate without the ability to fine tune. I also couldn't figure out away to actually launch the missile. I suspect that's a keybinding issue. Thankfully I was able to find a work around for the flares and get those working from the back seat. But yeah, there is an option in the editor for each Hind spawned for "simplified AI" and that eliminates nearly all functionality other than turning on the weapons system.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

5 hours ago, Schmidtfire said:

The seat hopping in multiplayer has never been possible. But disable Petrovich? That is some serious bs. Shame, 104th was a pretty good and relaxed server a couple of years ago.

I hope that this setting ain't something that will be used on most servers. 

Think I read somewhere that the guided missiles can be used in a boresighted mode from the Pilot seat, obviously not easy as there is no assist keeping crosshair on target.  

You can switch seats in the Gazelle in MP.

2 minutes ago, deathbysybian said:

You can switch seats in the Gazelle in MP.

Gazelle is different, you are basicly sitting in one cockpit. And I wouldn't use it as a reference as the multicrew is busted on that module.

You cannot switch seats during multiplayer in L-39, C-101, F-14, Mi-24. It reads every "cockpit" as a separate mp slot.

Seems to be standard for all aircraft that have separated cockpits like the Mi-24, F-14, etc but this restriction isn't present in combined ones (anything side by side) such as the Mi-8 and Huey.

Is it possible to only use gunner seat in MP?

Or do you have to choose the Pilot seat if you play alone?

If you could do that, it would solve a lot, cause you can also take control and fly the Heli from the front.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk