6bucks
Go to solution Solved by Swift.,

Lately when flying the F-18 I can not get over 166 kts or so on takeoff. Jettisoning all stores doesn't bring the the speed up and I end up ejecting.

It also happens on landing that the speed never bleeds off when applying brakes or speedbrake. It just keeps going down the runway at the speed I touched down at, never slowing. I thought this might be because I was running a mission my buddy made for MP. But I just tried an instant action mission and it happened again.

When flying MP with my buddies it works fine. Same mission by myself I get the airspeed problem. I thought it might be because of the way the mission was created but now that it did it in instant action I'm not so sure.

I just can't put my finger on why it's happening? Doesn't happen in other planes.

Anyone having a similar issue?

My apologies, I read tons of post but didn't find this particular issue. I did notice someone posted the same thing on Steam.

It sounds like you have a bind issue with your throttle, or whatever it is you're using for throttle. 

Start by making sure you don't have multiple binds to the throttle and ONLY to whatever it is you're using.
Then calibrate your throttle used to replicate the WHOLE curve on the the throttle (maybe you've calibrated it and it's only using a portion...).

• Like 1

Well, I've checked what you both suggested. I'm using an X-52 btw.  Neither one was set or bound in multiple places.

My buddies and I have been doing MP for a long time so we've gone through a lot of messing with things. Both in DCS, IL2 and other sims.

But this is driving me nuts. Some missions it's fine (single player) others it doesn't work. The other planes are fine.

I checked during the last flight. Throttles go from around 69-70% to full AB and back to idle just fine.

So I don't think it's a binding issue.

Never put it in game mode. My buddies would kill me. Everything is set to Real in the F-18. 

I do have a Saitek profiler that starts when Windows does. It's never been a problem in the past but I can disable that and check.

Last resort, I delete all the key bindings and start over...ugh.

I'll look for a post explaining how to do that.

Thanks for the help guys.

Nope, that wasn't it. After much hair pulling I did a complete install of DCS and all my modules.

Still no joy. Every plane I either put into the mission editor or fly works just fine except the Hornet.

I have no throttle.

It works perfectly in the Training scenarios. But does not work in a regular mission or any either that me or 

my buddies have created. Yet it works fine if we do the same mission in multiplayer.

Here's what I've done,

1. Checked for duplicate mapping. (Nope, shows up fine in the Adjust Controls page)

Works fine, moves, I can fine tune, everything. Go back into the game and it doesn't work.

If I hit the throttle it immediately goes to that mapping and works.

2. It's not in Game mode. I triple checked that.

3. In Multiplayer it seems to work fine...sometimes. Other times it doesn't.

That is really weird to me. If I want to fly, and hope it works, I have to run everything from MP.

And even then it's a crap shoot.

4. Some of the canned missions the throttle works. Others, nope.

5. I've done everything short of messing with the registry trying to figure out why it's only

the Hornet I'm having problems with?

Note: I do have a Logitech profiler that loads with Windows. If I remove it nothing works.

I also tried using a F-18 X-52 profile that I downloaded here. Nope, although when it does work

I like the profile.

At this point I think I may try and remove the F-18 module and reinstall it again.

Couldn't be any worse than it is now unless they try and charge me again. lol

They don't do that do they?

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm tapped out and my buds are too.

Everything had been working perfectly so it's driving me nuts.

Everything is running from Steam. I've never had a problem all these years using Steam.

Here's two track files.

The 1st is from a mission that came with the F-18. Carrier TO. (Carrier TO - Test.trk)

The throttle did not work but shows working in Adjust Controls.

The 2nd file is from a mission my buddies and I fly. (Mission  - Test.trk)

In stand-alone mode, the throttle did not work.

Starting it in MP everything works fine.

(I could not see a way to save a track file when playing MP?)

On both missions I just started, verified throttle worked, then exited and saved track file.

I swear it's a bug that's letting me fly ok in MP but not always stand-alone.

My JS is and has been functioning perfectly. It shows up as working in DCS.

I can bind keys, load profiles without a problem, that is until 2 patches back.

I did uncheck it in Steam, verified it wasn't showing up in the game, rechecked and let

it download the 800+Mb of F-18 data then reverified it showed up and was working.

But I still have this throttle issue and can not figure out what the heck is going on?

And it only in the F-18. all my other planes and heli's work just fine.

Thank you for any help. It's much appreciated.

Carrier TO - Test.trk Mission - Test.trk

DxDiag.txt

Edited by 6bucks
Added DXDiag

The second track is failing because its run with EA_6B as a module, which we dont have. 

The first one is interesting, you say the throttle just isnt moving at all? Would you mind sharing some screenshots of your axis commands menu for the throttle category, all the way across so we can see all controllers. If that makes sense.

Actually this is odd, I took control of the mission and couldnt make anything happen. No buttons worked and no axis worked. Couldnt even bring up the controls overlay

Edited by Swiftwin9s
  • Like 1

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

3 minutes ago, 6bucks said:

So, is it the mission?  

Could well be, if you just throw together a quick mission in the mission editor does it show the same problem? Double check that the mission settings are set to not have game mode on as well as the client settings as you have already done.

Roger...thank you for your help. Here's my screenshots.

I owe ya bro! it's been driving me crazy.

audio.jpg

controls.jpg

Gameplay.jpg

misc.jpg

special.jpg

system.jpg

You can see the throttle is working by the white line. Everything in the Adjust Controls always works.

It's when I get into the cockpit....ugh.

3 hours ago, Swiftwin9s said:

I see that Game Avionics mode is still selected. Try deselecting that

You have got to be kidding me. I turned that off and now everything works. What the............?

So we checked and since he was forcing that off in the mission editor everything would work fine in MP.

But not in non MP mode.  At least that what we suspect, per your suggestion.

Now that that's solved, the question is, how the heck did that get turned on?

It never has been or was to my knowledge. We've always been in the most realistic mode.

Actually, I don't give a s##t. It works now and I can fly. So thank you for your help.

Hope I can return the favor sometime.

4 hours ago, 6bucks said:

You have got to be kidding me. I turned that off and now everything works. What the............?

So we checked and since he was forcing that off in the mission editor everything would work fine in MP.

It never has been or was to my knowledge. We've always been in the most realistic mode.

Actually, I don't give a s##t. It works now and I can fly. So thank you for your help.

Sometimes DCS does odd things when it updates, anyway, Enjoy!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, 6bucks said:

About every 3-4 updates it turns game mode and force feedback on on me. 

Edited by mongo52
  • Like 1