Engine breaks on takeoff.

Gunfreak

So I took off yesterday perfectly fine
Then today I'm trying to play a user made mission, where you take off from England and bomb a workyards in France, you take off from a drit aerodrome.
I taxi to the end of the field, lock the tailwheel, hold the wheel breaks. put down half flaps, put the MF to 30 and release the breaks and throttle up to 55MF.
But even before I get to 30, the engine breaks, sounds like a lug has gone loose and is ratteling around the engine.
I've tried to throttle very very slowly, but nothing works, before 30 the engine breaks.
Sometimes I manage to get it up in the air but either I get almost no power or the engine just stops. And yes the Cowl flaps are open.

I follow this guide to the letter.

The engine just dosn't want to get to 30 manifold pressure. I've tried with or without the boost attached.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

MF i think you thought about MP or MAP. Max take off power is not 55" but 52"

Just save your track, and post here, just too many things which could go wrong.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

29 minutes ago, PL_Harpoon said:

Is it a cold start or a hot start?

Perhaps your engine is not warmed up?

I use autostart, I've not levled up enough for manual start. 

1 hour ago, Badders46 said:

Is your rpm lever fully forward?

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

It appears it was, I did mange to take off, by adjusting it, I could feel the engine about to give up, but I adjsueted it. I did it in a hurry so not exactly sure where I put it to get it to work. 
But I think Auto-start sets it on the max?

41 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

I use autostart, I've not levled up enough for manual start. 

It appears it was, I did mange to take off, by adjusting it, I could feel the engine about to give up, but I adjsueted it. I did it in a hurry so not exactly sure where I put it to get it to work. 
But I think Auto-start sets it on the max?

Prop lever always forward at any point when plane is on the ground, before start up, after landing, no matter what prop full forward on the ground.

Never tried autostart, but autostart no always set everything for take off, haven't tried it in p-47, so cant speak about that.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

5 hours ago, grafspee said:

Prop lever always forward at any point when plane is on the ground, before start up, after landing, no matter what prop full forward on the ground.

Never tried autostart, but autostart no always set everything for take off, haven't tried it in p-47, so cant speak about that.

I just watched the video of me, were I do mange to take off, I see the RMP is set at max by default after the auto start. In the video were I do manage to take off I put it back and then I increase it.

5 hours ago, grafspee said:

Even though you're I doubt that incorrect prop lever position would cause engine damage.

I just watched the video of me, were I do mange to take off, I see the RMP is set at max by default after the auto start. In the video were I do manage to take off I put it back and then I increase it.

Looks OK.

Only major thing I would say is don't use full flap. If I am carrying bombs with my sqn we use 10degree. If I am flying wing in a formation take off I use 5degree. We mainly fly from Detling and it is plenty. Also don't try and get airborne too soon, especially with that flap. I think it is recommended to take flap out at no less than 150mph

Maybe check for duplicate assignment for RPM?

PS: I'm not the best pilot, just a little observation I made

2 minutes ago, Badders46 said:

Looks OK.

Only major thing I would say is don't use full flap. If I am carrying bombs with my sqn we use 10degree. If I am flying wing in a formation take off I use 5degree. We mainly fly from Detling and it is plenty. Also don't try and get airborne too soon, especially with that flap. I think it is recommended to take flap out at no less than 150mph

Maybe check for duplicate assignment for RPM?

I bearly got off the field when I did, I felt my gears almost catch the trees. Who has a ton of trees right around their airfield, serously cut those things down. 

I bearly got off the field when I did, I felt my gears almost catch the trees. Who has a ton of trees right around their airfield, serously cut those things down. 
Haha! I know the feeling. One thing at Detling - make sure you use all of the runway. If you go to F2 and zoom out on top of your aircraft, from the video, it looked like you were near the road that runs across the field. I think you can probably start about 30metres behind where you were.

Also, how we do it is go to 30" MP while holding brakes. Then once brakes are released, progressively go to 45-52" over about 3 seconds.

2 hours ago, PL_Harpoon said:

Even though you're I doubt that incorrect prop lever position would cause engine damage.

I tested it, it will kill engine. If you set very low rpm on prop lever and apply full throttle you will lose engine.