Can I remove the info/status bar at the bottom of the external views?

Go to solution Solved by wowbagger,

As caption, thank you.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• Solution

Yes, I made a mod to do that because it annoyed me as well.

Just make a blank file called StatusBarDialog.lua and put it in DCS/Scripts/UI, overwriting the original (at your own risk). This will remove it entirely - not just turn it off by default. So if you want to be able to turn it on and off, don't do this.

Obviously, it will get replaced with the original during each update so use OVGME as with any other mod.

There's a probably a far more eloquent solution to this, but this was my quick and dirty answer to the distracting status bar.

Edited by wowbagger
  • Thanks 1

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

If you turn it off in the beginning, it will remain off for the duration of the mission. No need for anything else.

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU