So ummm what are the chances of getting Heatblurs new hook physics added to the F18?

Cowboy10uk

Hi guys, so now one of the 3rd party developers Heatblur have managed to produce stunning looking hook physics for the F14.   I was wondering if there is any chance Ed could maybe purchase the tech from them so we can get it added to the F18 as well?

looks like it will really bring a lot to carrier ops.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hook skip etc. is already a part of the F-18, more hook and airflow physics for the Hornet will be made for the F-18 by ED anyway.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

I wish the main gear was simulated as intended. The front gear works as intended when taxing, it absorbs the bumps etc but the main gear not, only absorbs the landing but not in taxing making the Hornet look as if was "grued" to the ground. Just pay attention to the main gear when taxing and you´ll see, it absorbs impact (or bumps) but is very subtile. I think it will be a great addition for increasing realism in carrier traps or taxing on the taxiways.

Edited by fagulha
  • Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.