Low fps in hind

Raven434th

The hind is half the fps as blackshark... practically unflyable! not impressed

• Like 1

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Did you delete the FXO and Metashaders folders from User files?  If not, try that and relaunch.  See if it helps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Remember a large update proceeded the Hind module download.

Ensure you run your repairs and graphical sterilization protocols! 🙂

Mine are extremely protracted and if I am a lucky boy I will sit in hind tonight.

• Like 2

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Try your Kamov, is it also suffering?

What map are you on?

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I'm getting 8-10 fewer FPS in the Hind vs the Huey (flying over Cyprus).)

edit- Meaning I'm not experiencing any framerate problems with the Mi-24, if that was unclear.

Edited by wowbagger

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

The Huey is the best performing chopper for FPS in all of DCS!.... ANY MAP, ANY CITY!

The MI-8 and Gazelle are next best fps in DCS... they are about even.

and the KA-50 is the worst... but not bad at all.

If you guys are testing on Syria then this map just got a big extension. Open your test missions in syria and re save. 

Edited by Rogue Trooper

I'm showing 99% ram usage of 32 gig RAM(on mission load)mission start is 77% on Syria.16 fps on Syria.

Edited by Raven434th

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

you guys VR?

no...22" flatscreen monitor

Edited by Raven434th

I am about to finish down loading so I will purge the system and have a test.

what is pancake mode?

Just now, Raven434th said:

what is pancake mode?

2d on a screen.

it is VR speak for going back to a screen.

the world has suddenly got very thin.

• Like 2

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

1 hour ago, Rogue Trooper said:

you guys VR?

Yes I do, Rift S.
On the Caucasus free flight I had between 20fps to 40fps.
Nothing much happen and I would normally get solid 40fps with jets (M-2000C, Hornet & Tomcat).

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

WOW.... What a privilege to sit in that pit!

Best Chopper graphics or what!!!!

After my long a laborious graphics purge I flew the hind down the strip of las vegas and got no drop below 45 fps and no stutter looking left or right.

Traffic on, just above the palm trees.... smooth and clean. KA-50 has the odd micro second glitch when looking left or right on this strip fly by....

Moved onto Syria and took of from Beirut airport, a full 360 degrees hover yaw turn was the best I have seen it for fps in the Hind.... it was really good!... not perfectly above 45 fps but REALLY GOOD!

City flight was good, and better than the KA-50.

Flying back out over the airport and along the coast heading southerly was the best I have seen since the new clouds came in. looking left into the buildings ran a clean smooth 45..... LOVELY!

Leaving the outer boundaries of Beirut and pulling inland into the valleys was nice a clean, minimal stutter left and right and cleaning out to nothing the further in bound I travelled..

So far I have the Hind I am very happy with it.

Tomorrow is all day Hind!... work be damned!

But what a pit to sit in wearing VR..... What an experience!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

4 hours ago, Raven434th said:

The hind is half the fps as blackshark... practically unflyable! not impressed

For me works great, max FPS as the rest of modules. No issue for me.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I've had to turn things down yet again (that's twice now)since 2.5 and its still not running as well.

Only tested on the syria map but I'm down from about 60 fps in my usual test mission to around 40-45 in VR. I resaved the mission. Could be either the map or the cockpit, though going external view bumps FPS back up to 60 and the GPU isn't maxed anymore (I run a 60 Hz cap in VR). My guess is it's rendering 2 cockpits at once and that's dragging things down, though I don't have this problem with the HInd or Huey and they have  two seats as well.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

My fps took a big hit. Regular screen. I'm tired after spending awhile learning the helo and it's late I really don't want to sift through this little detail or that right now as to why my FPS took a hit. 

But it's lower. 2.7 has had great performance on syria. Not with the hind for me, yet.

• Like 1

Banner EDForum2020.jpg