Leap Support!!!

2 hours ago, fabio.dangelo said:

Unbelievable whiteout mentioned in the change log ED add the Leap support!!!!

How did you find out?

49 minutes ago, RealDCSpilot said:

Yeah, still very experimental, but i already could see and move my hands.

Does the "cockpit operation" work? Can you attach it to VR HMD and have hands properly visible, or is it just for table use?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

@Fri13 It's available now in special options. Cockpit operation is clunky (i have it attached to my HMD). Hand detection didn't work everytime and it doesn't like head movements while using the hands. But i guess we will get there, it's a start.

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

May I ask what this could be?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

17 minutes ago, VFGiPJP said:

May I ask what this could be?

"Leap Motion" is a device that is hand tracker. And you can play games with it. 

It is old tech, it was first around 50-70€ but then was for couple years for less than 20€. Couple years ago company as purchased and it price jumped to 100€.

It can be here and there purchased for a 20-30 € as used, but not as new that goes to ridiculous prices.

You can attach that device to HMD front, and you get a hand tracking with it.

When it works, it works very well. It is fun. And this is like 5 years before Oculus Quest 2 hand tracking and all...

It is little sad, as 5 years ago DCS would have blown peoples minds and whole market. But better late than never.

That device would have made so much sense with its 20€ price tag. But 90-150€ for it now? Not really if it doesn't work well in DCS.

I want to test it. Just need to pull it out from a shelf.

50 minutes ago, RealDCSpilot said:

@Fri13 It's available now in special options. Cockpit operation is clunky (i have it attached to my HMD). Hand detection didn't work everytime and it doesn't like head movements while using the hands. But i guess we will get there, it's a start.

Okay.... It is good start then. Hopefully they get it soon fixed for support head movement same time.

I just want to be able use index finger to poke things and use pinch to grab knobs or levers and then operate them.

So no virtual stick, throttle etc. Just give me finger tip to press buttons and switches!

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I check. Even used prices are high…

I doubt it will ever happen, but if FB decided to add hand tracking to Oculus Link, well, problem solved.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• 1 month later...

I got a Leap Motion Controller today and I have it working as a Valve Index Controller with the S-Draw Steam VR Driver.  It doesn't seem to do as much as i expected.  Do I need to have the Steam VR Driver installed or do I just install the Leap Motion SDK and have it run natively from DCS?  I noticed that when I first tried to enable Leap Motion is said that in the VR Tab that Hand Controller had to be switched off.  When I did that I lost my hands and controllers.  This makes me think I have not installed the software correctly.  When I run the leap visualizer is run very quickly and smoothly.  When I do the Steam VR Driver is more jerky.  It is also not possible to move the Fuel Tank Selector on the floor of the P-47 cockpit.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Get rid of the old S-Draw driver, we now have native support. Simply have the latest Gemini drivers from their website installed, calibrate and activate it before starting DCS. In DCS check special options and activate it there.

• Like 1

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Thanks to RealDCSPilot it works much better with the native support.  I am not sure it is ready for prime time yet, but it is pretty cool.

Has anyone done this with the Stereo IR-170 instead of the Leap Motion Controller?  That has more range, but I am not sure how well it works.

The top of my desk does get in the way of some of the switches on my beloved Thunderbolt.

Cheers!

Ive gone ahead and grabbed one in the hopes that they really put some proper time into this. Its really the easiest and cheapest solution we have. if they could add a slight color change on the fingertip when you are at a good spot that would be great too. 

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

It would also be very nice if we would have some statement or position paper on Eagle Dynamics Goals and Plans for Leap Motion Support.  For example do they support the Stereo IR-170 as well as the original Leap Motion Controller.

29分钟前,mrwell说:

And how would you know where you hands are, if you don't have 3D vision?, in case this works without VR

I don't need to know where my hands are. I mean, I just want to use it as a mouse,And in the DCS settings, I did see that it allows you to use it only as a mouse, right?

I haven't seen that and I don't see how it could be used as a mouse. The Leap will put the hands where they are. If they're not close to the panels, I don't think it will show up a position close to them. It wouldn't be useable for VR if so...

Wow, that looks great! I still am struggling with my Leap Tracker. I can't see what it is that makes the mouse click and the pointer is messed up. How did you adjust yours?

On 8/4/2021 at 2:47 AM, speed-of-heat said:

seems to work quite well ...

I dont know, its not my video 🙂 or have one .. but i was considering it off the back of the video 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I could try it for a while. It is better than DCLeap, at least for me. And way better than VKS implementation.
The push button in UFC, etc, goes good. Flicking switches, not so good. If it is a 3 position switch, it is quite difficult to go to the desired position. If it is 2 position, I struggled from down to up movement.

Sometimes I'm with my index finger straight and it see like crossing middle and index finger Other times it is like my index finger was broken and other weird positions. Apart from that, if one hand is not visible and you try to use the other one, you won't be able to, because the laser pointer will be active from the hidden one No idea why.

Trying to click something in the back is nearly imposible, because you have to twist your head completely to center it.

In summary, great step forward. Looking forward to see next improvements.

Cheers

Ok, so I bought the Leap Controller and my initial thought is that it has potential. Works well with MFDs etc. 
however, I don’t really get what is going on with blue and green lines emerging, what gestures do what, etc. Does anyone know of a guide to using this thing?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Did anyone test this with pimax handtracking module which is essentially a motion leap in a different form factor.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat