Getting AI To Land Is Becoming A Pain (Now Sorted)

tmansteve

I think I've managed it once. What is it with the AI? I've tried takeoff from carrier and to land with no results. Tried in air to carrier and from airfield to carrier. All with AI circling the carrier and nothing else.

I have given them different amounts of fuel as well. Each waypoint to the carrier has been given lower speeds and altitudes.

Any help would be great

Update: - Stupido me was using F18 Lot20 instead of the AI versions. Tried the F14A as well and they landed perfectly. What was I thinking!!!!!!!!

At least I have it sorted.....Yippee

Edited by tmansteve
  • Like 1

• tmansteve changed the title to Getting AI To Land Is Becoming A Pain (Now Sorted)
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 4:01 AM, tmansteve said:

I think I've managed it once. What is it with the AI? I've tried takeoff from carrier and to land with no results. Tried in air to carrier and from airfield to carrier. All with AI circling the carrier and nothing else.

I have given them different amounts of fuel as well. Each waypoint to the carrier has been given lower speeds and altitudes.

Any help would be great

Update: - Stupido me was using F18 Lot20 instead of the AI versions. Tried the F14A as well and they landed perfectly. What was I thinking!!!!!!!!

At least I have it sorted.....Yippee

Are you implying that the only A.I. controlled aircraft that are capable of landing on the carrier must be the standard non-pay modules??  🧐

I tried the S-3, take off and then landing, still no luck... Was that the deck was too overcrowded? I tried to use the elevator.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey VFGiPJP

I am not sure about that one, will test it out. I have seen planes crash into each other if there are too many landing at one time. My last test was with 4 hornets, AWACS and a couple of choppers. I staggered the startup times so that as the last hornet was about to take off, the other planes then appear and take off. Check the timing of the flights for all planes so there is a good gap to allow the others space. On the supercarrier etc 2 hornets parked at the stern and the other 2 used the elevators making space for the other planes to land.

If you have too short timings for plane groups to land and clear, there will be problems. Hope that helps