MI-24P Screenshots and Videos

Sleepy

Other than the title suggests this is in no way a disrespect of the hind or the developer.

It's just respectful, valid and constructive criticism which honors the product and ED - at least that's my reception.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Really like vsTerminus' channel. Loved his tutorials for the Mi-8. Find his criticism to be fair and constructive. However, at least my expectation for EA were much worse than what we actually got. I am quite happy with this release and looking forward for the upcoming fixes.

• Like 5

I have had his channel subbed and belled, but as always, never got any notifications due to their rotten algorithms (thx Google). Thanks for fixing that for me at least on this particular occasion, will watch later fsgrin.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Great video as always. Hopefully it will be noticed by the mods around here and brought to the attention of the developers, as he brings up a lot of valid and constructive criticism that can only help with the further development of this module. 

I'm also looking forward to the tutorial videos on the Hind from vsTerminus as I know that they will be excellent just like with the HiP. I'm still having a little trouble with some of the trimming\AP options in the Hind since it's so different to what I've experienced in the HiP (and much less behaved) but I'm getting better at controlling this thing and hopefully vsTeminus' chjannel will help me fill in the gaps 🙂

I think that the biggest issues ATM are definitely the desync issues for multicrew, as well as the contextual menu\voiceovers\abilities with Petrovich AI.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

Is gotsta say it guys. I have to....

Early access and WIP!

EEEEEWWWwwww i feel the pain coming my way!

But some good suggestions in the Vid.

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

11 hours ago, Rogue Trooper said:

Is gotsta say it guys. I have to....

Early access and WIP!

I don't see it as a complaint on broken or missing features on the Hind, but more as a guide what is most important to focus on.

And to be honest, some shy hints on issues that are bugging the older sibling of the hind for ages are legit, aren't they? 😉😄

To be honest, my main motivation for posting a link to this video is, that I hope that the ED team follows such youtubers and value their insights.

Not that I seriously doubt that, but to promote it can't hurt either.

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

I appreciate the support. I tried really hard to make it clear I wasn't trying to whine and complain. My experience with the Hind has been really positive, but I see a lot of value in laying out a clear picture of the module's shortcomings both to help buyers and to make it known which issues I care most about in case it helps ED decide on priorities. It was also an opportunity to highlight longstanding shortcomings with the sim itself, like mirrors, which could be improved as part of working on the Hind.

I wasn't sure what kind of reception it would get but I'm blown away by how positive it has been. So thanks everyone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, vsTerminus said:

I appreciate the support. I tried really hard to make it clear I wasn't trying to whine and complain. My experience with the Hind has been really positive, but I see a lot of value in laying out a clear picture of the module's shortcomings both to help buyers and to make it known which issues I care most about in case it helps ED decide on priorities. It was also an opportunity to highlight longstanding shortcomings with the sim itself, like mirrors, which could be improved as part of working on the Hind.

I wasn't sure what kind of reception it would get but I'm blown away by how positive it has been. So thanks everyone!

Any idea on when we can expect the first of the tutorial series on the Hind? I'm mostly interested in how to fly the thing, taking off and landing is somehow easier than in the HIP 🙂

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

On 7/1/2021 at 10:31 AM, Hiob said:

I don't see it as a complaint on broken or missing features on the Hind, but more as a guide what is most important to focus on.

And to be honest, some shy hints on issues that are bugging the older sibling of the hind for ages are legit, aren't they? 😉😄

To be honest, my main motivation for posting a link to this video is, that I hope that the ED team follows such youtubers and value their insights.

Not that I seriously doubt that, but to promote it can't hurt either.

yeah, when you quoted me, you cut out the bit where I said some good suggestions in this Vid.

C'mon Hiob, this is Digital Combat Simultaion, we all got the slant on how to choose certain soundbites to influence a conversation in a specific direction.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

2 hours ago, Rogue Trooper said:

yeah, when you quoted me, you cut out the bit where I said some good suggestions in this Vid.

C'mon Hiob, this is Digital Combat Simultaion, we all got the slant on how to choose certain soundbites to influence a conversation in a specific direction.

Sorry, I think you got that wrong.

I didn‘t intend to disrespect  you - quite the opposite actually.

You made an ironic post with a wink and I intended to do the same… 

Peace, friend! 😀

Hi,

I'd like to share my tutorials for the Mi-24P Hind.

Part 1 - Introduction

Part 2 - Cockpit-Tour and Startup

Part 3 - Firing Shturm ATGM using Petrovitch AI

Part 4 - Firing Shturm ATGM without using Petrovitch AI

More videos to come!

Best regards,

John

Edited by xxJohnxx
  • Thanks 2

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Hi John, I like your videos.

There is one error in your start up video. You failed to turn on the inverter on the panel where the generator switches are. Because of this, during engine start, non of your engine, rotor gearbox gauges etc. were working, they only came to life after you opened up the throttle and turned on the generators and inverters. 

• Like 1

Hi Rabies,

Thanks for letting me know. I was wondering about that as well while I was watching the finished video. Seems I skipped that step! I added a comment to the video.

Best regards,

Jonathan

• Like 1

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

I want to say thank you to people like John, Casmo, RedKite, Steinsch, and the many others who have been making Hind tutorial videos. You guys are awesome and I can't wait to blatantly copy get inspiration from your videos when I get around to making my own 😄

Speaking of which, I have two videos in progress for the Mi-8 that I need to finish first, and then I'll be starting on Hind stuff. Still not entirely sure where to start with the series, but we'll figure something out.

DCS 2021-07-04 16-16-57-569.png

20210703165640_1.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 2:36 PM, Danzig said:

What the heck is this .... syria map, MP game

What? you never heard of the Pyramids of Damascus?

This is something that's been seen many times in a civilian simulation. Basically, when using terrain data to make a 3d map, on rare occasions a measurement may have been not recorded, or the wrong number was recorded. The result is a datapoint in the 3d map that looks wildly out of place.  Sometimes a pyramid. Sometimes a tower 15 miles tall. Other times a giant sinkhole where there isnt supposed to be one! This looks like one of these errors.  

On the other hand, it DOES look a bit like the pyramid at McMurdo Station, hidden in what is called "Mount Terror"...

Edit:

Specificially, this appears to be an elevation datapoint that is wildly wrong. Should be an easy fix for the dev team, it's probably more about someone seeing it and reporting it to them.  

Edited by Rick50
  • Like 1